24 August 2010
C-TEC’S INNOVATIVE QUANTEC CALL SYSTEM INSTALLED AT NEW INPATIENT FACILITYC-TEC’s Quantec addressable call system is playing a key role safeguarding staff at a new Child and Adolescent Mental Health Inpatient Unit in Belfast.
Specifically constructed to provide Tier 4 and assessment services for young people aged 13 to 18, the new Beechcroft Unit now boasts an extensive range of C-TEC’s high-quality brushed stainless-steel Quantec call system components. The main building and two extended areas house three powerful Quantec controllers that constantly monitor all network devices and indicate the exact ID number of any faulty devices. A series of stainless steel door monitoring points prevent unauthorised exits from the purpose-built unit.
Said John Nesbitt of Atlas Fire and Security, the specialist installation company that completed the project: “The stainless steel system controllers are hard-wearing and ideal for this type of application. We adapted Quantec to meet the exact operational needs and precise layout of Beechcroft. Hence the project was highly successful.”
Dual action infrared/radio ‘staff attack’ transmitters ensure the safety and security of staff working both inside and outside the facility by providing effective, monitored and traceable protection. The moment a transmitter is activated, Quantec sounds an urgent piercing alarm throughout the building and shows the exact location of the incident on all relevant displays - including pagers if required - for the swift response of security staff.
Over 100 ceiling receivers are installed throughout the site ready to receive signals triggered by a member of staff’s infrared transmitter or pager in the event of an attack. The courtyard areas are fitted with radio receivers so staff can make standard and/or attack calls in external areas.
Established for over 25 years, Atlas Fire and Security is an independent provider of top quality fire and security solutions.
Based in Belfast, the company is a one-stop shop for fire and security products and offers cost-effective and reliable installation, maintenance and commissioning contracts for any size of project.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/07/2016 - C-TEC Launches New Interactive Website
- 28/04/2016 - C-Tec to exhibit new cast systems at Firex
- 14/01/2016 - New Dementia Care Centre Selects C-TEC Systems
- 26/11/2015 - To The Manor Born!
- 19/11/2015 - Splendid Isolation Created by C-TEC’s Innovation
- 27/10/2015 - Fire Stations opt for C-TEC’s Power Supplies
- 24/08/2015 - C-Tec to exhibit at SSA 2015
- 07/07/2015 - Manchester's hottest new hotel selects C-TEC's revolutionary ZFP Fire Panel
- 04/06/2015 - C-TEC appoints new export business development manager
- 14/05/2015 - C-TEC Launches Free CAD Downloads
- 06/05/2015 - C-TEC to unveil revolutionary new protocol at Firex
- 05/05/2015 - C-TEC on trend at Matalan's new headquarters
- 20/03/2015 - C-TEC's touch screen controlled ZFP fire panel excels at co-educational school in St Helens
- 08/10/2014 - A Top Performance by C-TEC ZFP Killeavy Sports Clubs
- 11/09/2014 - C-TEC TO EXHIBIT AT SECURITY ESSEN 2014
- 06/05/2014 - Seminar Success for C-Tec
- 10/02/2014 - C-Tec Launches new Induction Loop Amplifier
- 10/12/2013 - Full Steam Ahead!
- 23/09/2013 - Going For Gold!
- 22/07/2013 - Touch and Go!
- 16/05/2013 - Top Award for C-Tec Apprentice
- 21/02/2013 - A New Director at C-Tec
- 20/09/2012 - C-Tec to Exhibit at ESSEN 2012
- 28/05/2012 - Caring Times
- 05/04/2012 - Boxing Clever!
- 20/02/2012 - On the Ball!
- 17/01/2012 - Under Pressure!
- 14/11/2011 - C-Tecs New Call Controllers Now Available
- 13/10/2011 - On Call!
- 11/10/2011 - Cool Cuisine! Esteemed grocery chain opts for C-Tec's Life Safety Equipment
- 10/10/2011 - Flying The Flag!
- 13/09/2011 - C-Tec exhibiting at the Care Show London
- 04/08/2011 - C-TEC’S New Trade Price List
- 11/07/2011 - C-Tec appoint new Technical Account Manager
- 05/10/2010 - C-TECS HUSH THOSE FALSE ALARMS SEMINAR AT FIREX NORTH
- 14/09/2010 - Outstanding outstations from C-Tec
- 08/06/2010 - HOSPITAL HAVEN
- 08/06/2010 - IN THE LOOP!
- 23/03/2010 - C-TECs' XFP installed at Newcastles' new Namco Gaming Centre.
- 22/03/2010 - IFSEC to host C-Tec 'UK Fire Safety Laws' seminar
- 26/02/2010 - C-Tecs' SigNET heard in Crown Court
- 25/02/2010 - New Stainless Steel Enclosure from C-Tec
- 24/02/2010 - C-tecs' Epic installation of fire alarm control panel
- 11/02/2010 - Signet new LS Voice Alarm scores at new stadium
- 17/12/2009 - C-Tec innovative Quantec Call System installed at new medical facility
- 13/11/2009 - C-Tec are on the pull!
- 28/10/2009 - Further growth in pipeline as C-Tec expands R&D team
- 21/09/2009 - C-Tecs' Quantec call system installed at Blackpools' new primary care centre
- 27/08/2009 - C-Tec complete installation at prestigious nursing home
- 21/08/2009 - C-Tec launch new short-form catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Hush button a big hit in student hall of residence
- 21/04/2009 - C-Tec procedures now approved by BSI, LPCB and VdS
- 28/01/2009 - Third party VDS approval for C-Tecs' Power Supplies
- 02/12/2008 - Solid State Complete Major Project at Prestigious Food Store
- 08/10/2008 - Pioneering Engineering
- 01/10/2008 - Call for Assistance with your Finger, Fist, Foot or Elbow
- 30/09/2008 - C-Tec Release New Strip-Switch Call Signalling System
- 18/09/2008 - C-Tec's Hush Buttons Installed at Luxury Housing Development
- 29/08/2008 - C-TECs Release Bigger and Better Catologue
- 21/07/2008 - LPCB 'Panel' Approval for C-TEC