Protect endoscopes and stop the spread of infection
07 September 2010
Using a filter to protect endoscopes and sigmoidoscopes from contamination aids infection control and avoids cross contamination between patients.Helapet compact filters prevent the back flow of body fluids during patient examination from contaminating expensive equipment whilst maintaining the performance of the scopes.
Helapet manufacture a 25mm diameter filter designed especially for use with endoscopes and sigmoidoscopes. By using hydrophobic glass fibre media this filter is resistant to the moisture of bodily fluids. Our sealed housing also provides a safe method of disposal for staff by preventing contact with contamination upon removal between patients.
The use of a filter to protect patents is recommended by the MHRA in a recent alert issued on the 14th July 2010 (Reference MDA/2010/060) to aid in preventing cross-contamination between patients and the spread of HCAI by changing a filter for each patient.
For more information and to order contact 0800 0328 428 quoting part number FH5073 or visit our website www.filterdevices.co.uk to find out how Helapet can provide a solution to your filtration needs.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/07/2016 - VaccinePorter® Cold Chain Carrier Systems
- 21/10/2014 - September Exhibitions
- 04/08/2014 - Welcoming Tony Phelps...
- 24/07/2014 - Helapet expands containment product solutions with new Cirrus Containments Isolators
- 06/03/2014 - Berner XP Spill Kits
- 19/08/2013 - Your extra margin of safety with new NeedleSafe II exclusively from Helapet
- 19/08/2013 - Setting the standard with the new Berner Nitrile Glove from Helapet
- 10/06/2013 - Veterinary Cyto Procedure Packs
- 20/05/2013 - ThermoFlash ideal for non-contact FLAP Temperature Monitoring
- 14/03/2013 - Helapet looks West for new Needleless Transfer Systems
- 05/12/2012 - ThermoFlash ideal for non-contact FLAP Temperature Monitoring
- 08/11/2012 - Introducing the Timestrip Minus
- 08/11/2012 - Helapet expands our Pre-filled Syringe Transporter Range
- 12/07/2012 - New Helapet Cold Chain Porters launching at Medtec 2012
- 12/07/2012 - Helapet Syringe Transporter
- 29/03/2011 - Home Spill Kit for cytotoxics
- 10/03/2011 - Have you been assessed yet?
- 03/03/2011 - New TimestripPlus™ indicator shows at a glance when +8 deg C is breached
- 06/12/2010 - Rowespike vent excellent choice for reconstitution
- 04/11/2010 - Spill Kits to safely handle any cytotoxic emergency
- 14/09/2010 - Helapet sponsor Poster Award in collaboration with Association of Pharmacy Technicians
- 07/09/2010 - Do your Cleanroom cleaners leave sticky residues?
- 24/08/2010 - Bespoke packaging of disposables for aseptic use
- 09/04/2010 - Helapet Award for Independent Study
- 30/03/2010 - Upgrade to Helapet Home Spill Kit
- 18/02/2010 - Helapet launch TimestripPlus™ for TPN
- 15/02/2010 - Helapet present Isovent autoclave filters
- 15/01/2010 - Helapet introduce TimestripPlus™
- 03/12/2009 - New SteriClean rotational cleaning and disinfection regime now available from Helapet
- 02/12/2009 - PharmaClear Syringe filters clarify and sterilise liquids with ease
- 21/08/2009 - Helapet launches Cyto Pack for Cytotoxic administration
- 26/08/2008 - Emerald Under-gloves dramatically improve protection from cytotoxic agents.
- 26/08/2008 - Ideal solution for the HPV Vaccination Programme
- 26/08/2008 - Cleaning the Cleanroom
- 26/08/2008 - Transporting Temperature Sensitive Drugs
- 08/08/2008 - SteriClean® Flowrap 100 Wipes
- 09/05/2007 - SteriClean Alcohol Spray - same high quality, new economy version
- 09/05/2007 - SteriClean Wipes - same high quality, new economy size
- 09/05/2007 - Purple lids for Cytotoxic waste