MWA launch independent meter testing service
13 September 2010
The new meter testing service for any brand of rotary or turbine meter with flow rate capacities from one cubic metre per hour to 650 cubic metres per hour has been launched by MWA Technology Ltd.MWA has invested in a new sophisticated test rig and installed it at its Birmingham headquarters to enable the company to offer customers the service. The test rig determines whether meters currently in service should be serviced or replaced.
MWA director, Martin Wardell;
“Generally check meters are produced with bearings that are ‘sealed for life’ unlike primary billing meters, which generally have provision for lubricating bearings. It is usually recommended by manufactures that turbine check meters are serviced and verified for accuracy every 10 years. Rotary meters (RPD) need routine maintenance – including oil level checks - and will operate in excess of 20 years without variation in accuracy. Generally UK manufactured diaphragm meters also have an estimated service life in excess of 20 years without any maintenance. This is why MWA Technology holds a stock of a variety of meters that can be hired out to customers whilst their meters are being checked and calibrated.”
The MWA test rig features three reference meters, a rotary meter and two turbine meters. The rig is able to test flow rates to an accuracy of + or – 2%.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/02/2016 - Can you trust your data? - MWA Technology
- 10/12/2015 - MWA chief warns £millions of energy is being lost with growing number of wrong specifications
- 04/12/2014 - MWA and Oxford University : 6 years of successful energy management
- 03/12/2014 - Reducing costs for Bath University
- 07/10/2014 - NEW: S&S Merlin 1000S
- 03/10/2014 - The Nottingham Electric Bus Project
- 03/10/2014 - NOW: Elster’s next generation of Woltmann (Turbine) bulk water meters
- 31/07/2014 - New! Helping Hand info service for energy and heat meters
- 03/04/2014 - MWA Technology aims to put RHI on the energy agenda at Sustainability Live 2014
- 05/12/2013 - Latest News from MWA Technology
- 16/07/2013 - Trumeter signs up MWA Technology as a main UK distributor
- 16/07/2013 - MWA Technology backs Base Birmingham!
- 16/07/2013 - Latest news from MWA Technology
- 16/07/2013 - MWA promises to bring latest metering technology to Sustainability Live 2013
- 05/09/2012 - Low Pressure Drop Meters on the `Most Wanted' List
- 05/09/2012 - Independent Meter Testing Service Launches by MWA
- 05/09/2012 - Call for action on illegal and dangerous meter connections