Gatwick Airport features large format digital print displays from Stocksigns
12 September 2010
The new displays are being installed as part of the airports £1billion refurbishment.Gatwick Airports' £1billion refurbishment project is underway and is a big investment amid the curent economic climate, however, the new management company realises the need and are determined to create an airport that can continue to compete on a global level and create the best experience for passengers both now and in the future.
As part of their re-launch of the airport under new management London Gatwick Airport were eager to promote the airport as a top destination and to promote tourism in the South East as a whole. They commissioned a series of large prints of local iconic attractions and scenes to be positioned at the entrance of the newly refurbished mono rail, between the South and North Terminals. At this critical stage of the project, London Gatwick Airport were keen to lift their profile and the signs and graphics created were the first opportunity they had to demonstrate their new logo and needed a supplier that would understand their needs. They contacted Stocksigns to produce the images because they were a local manufacturer but also because they had the capabilities to meet the high quality specification required and within the tight deadlines the project demanded. The four 10m x 3m Rotunda graphics depict scenes from Hastings Beach, The Brighton Pavilion, The Seven Sisters and a London night time skyscape.
London Gatwick Airport have been impressed with the production and service they received and have now commissioned Stocksigns to produce the final scene for this project, a huge 14m x 3m panoramic beach scene which is due to go into production shortly.
Stocksigns Project Manager, David Harbison;
"Being a semi-professional photographer myself I can appreciate the intense quality of print that is needed to reproduce the true feeling of an image. I knew Stocksigns would be able to produce this quality even on these huge scales. We could also deliver the time scales and installation service levels required while keeping within the agreed budget."
Stocksigns have also produced a number of other graphics for the airport including the glass highlighting window graphics.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 08/11/2016 - How to get your car park signage right first time
- 19/10/2016 - Stocksigns Welcomes New Group Managing Director
- 25/04/2014 - BS EN ISO7010 – Official Advice from the HSSA
- 20/02/2014 - Stocksigns embraces creative station design.
- 07/11/2013 - Burnham Signs Continues to Shine
- 03/12/2012 - Stocksigns Announces New Sales & Marketing Director
- 03/10/2011 - Stocksigns acquires LED Sign Manufacturer
- 20/04/2011 - Being Green is Good for Charity as well as the Environment
- 26/01/2011 - Stocksigns and Links Signs Create ‘One Stop’ Sign Shop for Rail
- 25/11/2010 - How to use school signs as teaching aids
- 09/11/2010 - Latest Schools signs catalogue launched by Stocksigns
- 20/07/2010 - A Simple Solution to Fire Safety in Remote Areas – Stocksigns New Air Horn Fire Safety Sign
- 28/04/2010 - A return to the European Catalogue Awards for Stocksigns
- 22/04/2010 - Stocksigns on the Right Track!
- 06/04/2010 - Stocksigns - a new partnership - one year on
- 12/03/2010 - DDA Signage Solutions for Surface Rail.
- 20/07/2009 - Stocksigns highlight safety at Westfield Shopping Centre
- 15/07/2009 - Stocksigns help lorry drivers have a safer drive
- 07/07/2009 - Stocksigns bring complete signage solutions
- 15/05/2009 - Mayor opens refurbished Stocksigns premises
- 04/03/2009 - Stocksigns announced as new RoSPA safety partner
- 19/11/2008 - New Wood Lane Underground Station