Cancer Research UK is My Last Songs' charity of the month
13 September 2010
My Last Song is a website that advises visitors to make a will and to consider leaving a legacy to their favourite good causes.Nick Georgiadis, Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK, said;
“Legacies fund over a third of our lifesaving work, making so much of our ground-breaking research possible. As My Last Song’s Charity of the Month, we hope to encourage more people to consider supporting us with a gift in their will – and ultimately help to beat cancer.”
Since introducing Charity of the Month in June, My Last Song has had over 20 charities asking to be Charity of the Month.
Paul Hensby, founder of My Last Song, said;
“We now have a schedule until April 2012. Charities in the list include Princess Royal Trust for Carers, Age UK, Cruse Bereavement, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, The Woodland Trust, Music in Hospitals and Arthritis Care. Legacy and memorial giving is a growing and important source of funding for charities, and the opportunity to get to an audience who are considering writing a will or organising their funerals is extremely useful.”
My Last Song also encourages visitors to use their funerals, or those of a loved one, as a way of raising money for good causes by requesting donations in lieu of funeral flowers. There are also ways to remember loved ones online. Cancer Research UK’s Donate in Memory website helps people set up a fundraising page in memory of a loved one.
My Last Song also suggests that families hold a memorial event at which items are auctioned for the benefit of charity, and an entry price also raises money for the chosen good cause.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/01/2011 - UK head the list of world’s best funeral websites
- 06/12/2010 - My Last Song and Ecclesiastical Insurance in online advertising agreement
- 25/11/2010 - My Last Song and Carers UK are working together to support carers
- 10/11/2010 - Lifebox, the ideal present for young and old to capture and keep their memories so they will be remembered for ever.
- 10/11/2010 - Money off coupons in the Lifebox takes over from storing them in a shoebox
- 11/10/2010 - MLS Doc Supports Death Plan
- 14/09/2010 - Pet lovers to vote on the type of funeral they want for their pets
- 27/05/2010 - Diabetes UK first My Last Song ‘Charity of the month’
- 27/05/2010 - New website focuses on care and health issues for older people
- 27/05/2010 - A Website to Die For
- 27/05/2010 - New website and online florist in exclusive discount deal