Hilary Benn opens new generation of Plumb Center branch
12 October 2010
The first of a new generation of brances for Plumb Center has been officially opened by Hilary Benn.Hilary Benn, MP for Leeds Central and the Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs officially opened the first of a new generation of branches for Plumb Center, boasting working renewable technology displays, a bathroom showroom, training facilities and a vast array of water efficient products.
The flagship branch, located in Mr Benn’s constituency has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment and is the first in a programme of upgrades planned for branches across the UK in the coming months. Working displays include a Kingspan Solar System, an Aeromax air source heat pump providing heat to Dimplex SmartRads and a Baxi Biomass Boiler providing space and water heating.
Also new to the branch is an extensive bathroom showroom which has a wide range of displays enabling customers to see the latest innovations in bathroom design, sanitaryware and brassware. Incorporating water efficient products such as aerating showers, taps, water saving toilets and baths, not to mention stylish shower enclosures and bathroom accessories from the industry’s leading manufacturers, customers are sure to find the inspiration and products they are looking for to meet their specific requirements.
It is also the first branch to incorporate training facilities within the building, enabling Plumb Center to provide relevant industry and product training to customers, staff and industry professionals. “We are delighted to officially open this flagship branch which incorporates so many of the technologies, products and facilities that our customers want to see,” said Keith Jones, MD Plumb Center. “What better way to show customers the benefits of new and sustainable technologies such as heat pumps and solar thermal than by having them as working displays in the branch actually providing space and water heating for the building.
” Mr Benn said, “Seeing is believing. Green technologies and water saving innovations are crucial to our future, and I applaud Plumb Center for taking this lead in encouraging both the industry and the public to see for themselves how these innovations really can work. Of course, from a local point of view, I’m very pleased that this is happening in my own constituency as I believe this will be a huge benefit to local installers and their customers.” Renewables are a key focus for Plumb Center.
It first showed its true dedication to renewable solutions back in April 2008 when it supported parent company, Wolseley PLC , with the opening of the first commercial showcase for sustainable building products and construction methods – The Sustainable Building Center. The SBC allows everyone, from architects to installers to experience firsthand the latest in renewable and sustainable technologies.
The continued support of the SBC from all associated parties has meant that, to date, over 10,000 visitors have been to the center. Plumb Center is also focused on water efficiency. It is a key distributer of the Ecoplay system, a product which has previously been awarded ‘Sustainable Product of the Year’.
This system alone can cut water consumption and drainage loads by as much as 30%, simply by reusing bath or shower water to flush the toilet. And, Plumb Center is working to ensure that water saving measures go beyond just the residential market.
Products such as the Saracen Waterless Urinal, from its Commercial Plumbing range, completely eliminate water usage and can save up to £360 of drinkable water per year.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2013 - Government applauds Plumb Center
- 06/03/2013 - Take control of your destiny
- 29/01/2013 - Green Deal can fight fuel costs
- 17/12/2012 - Top award for Plumb Center’s Best Loo-sers’ campaign
- 19/11/2012 - Plumb Center and Parts Center won’t leave you out in the cold
- 15/11/2012 - Raise a glass to Plumb Center's mobile site
- 24/10/2012 - CO-ronation Street
- 23/10/2012 - Wise Up To Water Treatment
- 17/10/2012 - Plumb Center opens first renewables academy
- 12/10/2012 - Plumb Center boosts Action for Children
- 05/09/2012 - Plumb Center publishes updated trade guide
- 12/06/2012 - Crowds flock to Plumb Center's Channel Islands Trade Shows
- 12/06/2012 - Plumb Center to help Installers participate in Green Deal
- 08/05/2012 - Scale down and save customers money with Sesi
- 01/05/2012 - Ebbsfleet’s win boosts education
- 24/04/2012 - Return of the worm
- 16/04/2012 - Apprentices Head to Plumb Center HQ
- 29/02/2012 - No gas? No problem
- 20/02/2012 - BCG responds to feedback to produce brochures
- 20/02/2012 - Plumb Center & Parts Center raise £105,000 for children’s charity
- 08/02/2012 - Plumb Center’s best ever bathroom brochure unveiled
- 08/02/2012 - Plumb Center and Myson celebrate milestone
- 09/01/2012 - Ebbsfleet take Plumb Center Best Loo-sers’ title
- 08/12/2011 - Best Loo-sers need your votes
- 22/11/2011 - Votes for The Best Loo-sers flood in
- 17/11/2011 - show hits the road at Plumb Center
- 17/11/2011 - Keep families safe from carbon monoxide
- 10/11/2011 - Wise up to water treatment winner
- 19/10/2011 - Plumb Center's Best Loo-ser title up for grabs?
- 19/10/2011 - CoCopper load of this deal from Plumb Center and Ideal Heating
- 10/10/2011 - Plumb Center's Trade Price Guide is out now
- 10/10/2011 - Meeting the global challenge
- 06/10/2011 - Plumb Center advises on MCS after Watchdog report
- 06/10/2011 - Renewables Installer of the Year
- 05/10/2011 - Hot off the press – The Fire and Stove collection 2012
- 26/09/2011 - Biomass… a first renewable step?
- 13/09/2011 - Wise up to water treatment with great deals
- 08/09/2011 - Installers take plumb trip to Verona
- 08/09/2011 - Plumb Center launches state-of-the-art website
- 15/08/2011 - Speedi Parts – saving installers’ time and money
- 02/08/2011 - A great business needs great suppliers
- 27/07/2011 - Plumb Center welcomes the renewable heat premium payment
- 21/07/2011 - Winning ways with Plumb Center at Renewables Roadshow
- 06/07/2011 - Wise up to water treatment
- 06/07/2011 - More money off scrappage scheme at Plumb Center
- 21/06/2011 - Plumb Center wants Feed-in Tariff funding protected
- 31/05/2011 - Plumb Center focuses on the future
- 12/05/2011 - The i-mini is 'Ideal' boiler solution from Plumb Centre
- 25/03/2011 - PLUMB CENTER WELCOMES CREATION OF GREEN INVESTMENT BANK
- 25/03/2011 - FIRST PLUMB CENTER TRAINING COURSE TAKES PLACE AT SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CENTER
- 15/03/2011 - PLUMB CENTER WELCOMES ANNOUNCEMENT ON RHI
- 08/03/2011 - Popular TV scientist opens Practical Installer
- 10/02/2011 - Plumb Center boards the Eco train
- 10/02/2011 - Plumb Center can help protect oil tanks from theft
- 19/01/2011 - Plumb Center and Parts Center take strain out of London
- 19/01/2011 - Jo Johnson opens a new generation Plumb Center branch
- 18/01/2011 - GREEN MPs OPEN THE REFURBISHED SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CENTER
- 22/12/2010 - New Plumb Center Trade Price Guide hits the shelves
- 22/12/2010 - Plumb Center announces a New Year bonus for installers
- 22/12/2010 - Plumb Center inspires and excites with the Designer Radiator Collection
- 22/12/2010 - Tis the season of goodwill at Plumb and Parts Center
- 24/11/2010 - Plumb Center gives installers practical, hands-on access to renewables
- 24/11/2010 - Plumb Center focus on future heating
- 01/11/2010 - You’re hired!
- 27/10/2010 - Hot off the press, new Plumb Center Trade Price Guide
- 13/10/2010 - Plumb and Parts Center show off their bathrooms
- 12/10/2010 - eXtra boost at Christmas
- 11/10/2010 - Plumb Center welcomes coalistion's green agenda
- 11/10/2010 - Plumb Center Green Award win
- 11/10/2010 - PLUMB CENTER AND SEVENOAKS ENERGY ACADEMY JOIN FORCES
- 02/09/2010 - Plumb Center & Parts Center raise £100,000 for children’s charity
- 26/08/2010 - Plumb Center confirms sponsorship of Retrofit Hub at BEST Show
- 26/08/2010 - PLUMB CENTER SERIOUS ABOUT PLASTICS
- 24/08/2010 - ALL TOGETHER HUGE SAVINGS WITH PLUMB CENTER BOILER BUNDLES
- 24/08/2010 - Plumb Center welcomes the review of Building Regulations
- 16/08/2010 - Wolseley UK goes the extra mile
- 22/06/2010 - Every little helps
- 22/06/2010 - HIP!-EX 2010 Supported by Plumb and Parts Center
- 16/04/2010 - Plumb Center staff on hand to advise on Part G
- 16/04/2010 - Plumb Center helps make dramatic water savings with Ecoplay System
- 16/04/2010 - Plumb Center helps to take renewables main stream
- 15/04/2010 - Added value discount card offers a host of user benefits
- 12/03/2010 - Plumb Center helps advance the case for renewables at Ecobuild
- 25/02/2010 - Plumbing DVD goes international
- 23/02/2010 - Plumb Center offers fast, efficient solar roofing service
- 22/02/2010 - Plumb Center to distribute pre-fabricated washrooms
- 11/02/2010 - Get away this summer with the help of eXtra