Easy clean, quick strip pumps for food and pharma duty
01 October 2010
Transferring liquids in food, brewing, pharmaceutical and other similar ‘sensitive’ process applications requires reliable, easy-to-clean and easy-to-maintain pumps. Liquids handling specialists Pump Engineering have a wide range of pumps ideal for these sFor example their CSF-CS, CSA and CSM centrifugal pumps are capable of handling capacities from 1 to 550 m3/hour at heads up to 155 metres.
CSF pumps are manufactured in investment cast AISI 316L stainless steel, with stainless steel for all wetted parts. They also feature a 6 vane impeller which facilitates the handling of ‘challenging’ liquids which occur in many food processing applications, for example syrups for soft drinks manufacturing and those containing particles or small solids.
The pumps are designed for CIP (Clean-in-Place) to ensure the absence of dead areas and feature electropolished finishing of all surfaces. CSF pumps are available with standard or ATEX certified motors, these are back pull-out design and fitted with a quick-release clamp to enable fast and simple dismantling.
The CSA version has an electropolished finish to 0.5µm Ra and is approved to US FDA 3A standard or European EHEDG standards, with an aseptic version available for pharmaceutical applications.
Depending on the duty CSF-CS and CSA pumps can be supplied with an internal or external single mechanical seal or flushed double mechanical seal for handling high temperature liquids, or those with a tendency to crystallise. Elastomers are available in a choice of Viton, EPDM, silicon or PTFE.
Typical applications for CSF-CS hygienic pumps include transferring syrups, sugar solutions, flavourings, salad washing, alcohols, beer, milk, oils, vinegar, fruit juices, high purity water, CIP solutions, suspensions, yeast and melted butter.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/03/2015 - Compact turbine pumps ideal for low flows, high pressures
- 13/08/2014 - Compact, Quick-Change Hose Pump
- 11/10/2011 - Pump Engineering provide precise flow control in the toughest environments
- 21/06/2011 - Pump Engineering provide safe, simple cleaning with CSF Steam Water Mixer
- 09/03/2011 - CSF Piston Pump ideal for thick viscous ingredients
- 24/11/2010 - Control Valves ideally suited to additive injection
- 12/08/2010 - Mag-Drive Pumps meet the toughest challenges
- 14/06/2010 - Safer pumping with sealless Mag-Drive Pumps
- 12/10/2009 - Mag-Drive Pumps best solution for aggressive liquids
- 30/07/2009 - Double flow hose pump for abrasives or solids pumping
- 15/05/2009 - Badger Meter Control Valves meet the toughest challenges
- 10/03/2009 - Safe and simple industrial cleaning with CSF Steam Water Mixer