Norbar TrukTorque™ shaped for success
06 October 2010
The TrukTorque™ pneumatic torque multiplier from Norbar Torque Tools features a special banana shaped design reaction arm to handle bolt tightening on both front and rear wheels of trucks and buses.The design also easily accommodates wheel trims and deeply recessed wheel bolts. Additionally, the multiplier has none of the noise and vibration problems associated with impact wrenches.
The Norbar TrukTorque™ offers the ultimate in accuracy, safety and convenience for the commercial vehicle repair and maintenance workshop. The tool operates up to 1000Nm of torque, is considerably lighter than a comparable impact wrench and is designed so that the operators' hands do not risk getting caught in trapping zones while wheel nuts are being tightened.
TrukTorque™ also has a range of further invaluable benefits:
- Many workshops use an impact wrench to fasten the nuts and then apply a torque wrench to check that the nuts have not been under tightened. TrukTorque™ does both jobs at once. This saves time and also avoids the frequent problem of over-tightened nuts when using the two tools. TrukTorque provides the exact level of required torque every time.
- Unlike an impact wrench, TrukTorque™ is very quiet. Noise at Work Regulations state that it becomes compulsory to wear hearing protection when decibel exposure levels exceed 85dBA. Typically, an impact wrench when idling reaches 90-98dBA when idling and exceeds this when impacting. TrukTorque™ when operating reaches only 83dBA, which means that the operator does not need ear defenders and the working environment is free from excessive noise for all in the vicinity.
- Low vibration levels support health & safety in the workplace by avoiding occupational risks such as VWF (vibration white finger).
- The Control of Vibrations at Work Regulations impose a Daily Exposure Action Value (EAV) of 2.5 m/s2, above which employers must introduce controls to eliminate or reduce exposure and provide health surveillance to operators regularly exposed to vibration that exceeds this level.
- The Norbar TrukTorque™ does not exceed 2.5 m/s2. This means there is no restriction in its use during the working day.
“There are significant benefits over impact wrenches in terms of efficiency, productivity and for creating a safe, stress free environment for employees.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/04/2012 - Norbar scoops two major business awards
- 22/03/2012 - Norbar moves to expand
- 12/03/2012 - Apprentice open evening breaks all Norbar records
- 25/01/2012 - Successful launch for Norbar in India
- 12/01/2012 - Norbar launch Trutorque™ Screwdrivers
- 23/11/2011 - Norbar to open up in India
- 01/11/2011 - Management moves at Norbar
- 06/10/2011 - New Multi-channel Lubro air pressure regulator from Norbar
- 31/08/2011 - Norbar launch Torque Extention App
- 12/08/2011 - USM-3 Ultrasonic Bolt Meter from Norbar provides real time measurement capabilities
- 02/08/2011 - Norbar extends non-magnetic Torque Wrench range
- 19/05/2011 - Norbar launch Hydraulic Wrench Testers
- 31/03/2011 - Testing time for Torque Screwdrivers
- 28/02/2011 - Norbars' Canteen is Platinum plated
- 17/02/2011 - Norbar donates £5,000 to Rugby club
- 07/01/2011 - Norbar launch Torque App for Android and iPhone
- 29/10/2010 - Non magnetic Torque Wrench from Norbar proves invaluable for medical equipment maintenance
- 25/10/2010 - Norbar to exhibit TrukTorque™ at Euro Bus Expo
- 14/06/2010 - Ultrasonic Moscow Gold for Norbar
- 03/06/2010 - HSE confirms Norbar Multipliers' good vibrations
- 07/05/2010 - Norbar add new torque wrench testers to TruCheck™ range
- 06/05/2010 - Norbar expertise recognised by UKAS
- 05/05/2010 - Norbar open evening encourages engineers of the future
- 25/08/2009 - Norbar leads the way to effective torque data management
- 02/07/2009 - Queens Award as Norbar tightens grip on export
- 17/04/2009 - Power tool test fixture reduces ‘tool downtime’ and servicing costs
- 19/03/2009 - New torque wrench raises the standard
- 09/12/2008 - Safety for Heavy Industry Testing Equipment
- 04/08/2008 - The Measure of Tension
- 11/06/2008 - High accuracy torque multiplier for wet valve application
- 11/06/2008 - Extended Pneumatic Torque Wrench range features new gearbox design
- 20/02/2008 - Robust, accurate new Torque Wrench raises the standard
- 04/12/2007 - Norbar ramps up production with new CNC Hobbing machine
- 26/10/2007 - Beware of "white finger" litigation
- 26/10/2007 - Team Norbar takes the title
- 05/09/2007 - No chequered flag without the check
- 01/05/2007 - Torque Tools brave Mozambique deluge on gas pipeline
- 01/03/2007 - New torque tool makes a splash in offshore