ANDOVER TRAILERS: THE NEXT GENERATION
11 October 2010
Groundwork and plant hire company G Farwell Ltd has replaced a 23-year-old tri-axle, knock-out neck low loader trailer from Andover Trailers for a new up-to-date model.G Farwell transports machinery such as 35-tonne Caterpillar D8 bulldozers.
The measurements and weight of plant like this necessitates extreme care in transportation – and only a tailor–made trailer really fits the bill for the job.
Company Chairman George Farwell, aged 78, has no hesitation in going back to Andover this year, following the success of his 1987 purchase.
“The Andover team already had an impressive wealth of knowledge and experience last time round,” says Farwell, “and we were pleased to find that hasn’t changed.
“Their products are incredibly reliable and their prices are realistic. When a product is as good as our last one was you look forward to its sequel being even better. We’re delighted that Andover can be the company to take us on to the next generation in trailer technology.”
Industry innovations since the company’s previous purchase include vastly improved safety measures. Transporting the D8s, which requires special police permission, is no job for the faint-hearted, explains General Manager Steve Stacey – who has to notify the police in advance with a proposed route map and date and time of transportation.
“It couldn’t be more important to use a high-quality trailer for this kind of job,” says Steve. “That’s why it’s so essential to work with a bespoke manufacturer you trust.”
The new tri-axle step frame with beavertail has a reinforced hardwood floor to support the heavyweight machinery and features a 300mm fixed stop bar at the front of the trailer for maximum security when loaded. All cables and pipes have been positioned away from the chassis to prevent road dirt being held against it; and special attention has been paid to shot-blasting and painting in Epoxy Primer, to ensure it lasts even longer than its 23-year-old predecessor.
The 12-metre-long by 2.5-metre-wide trailer has Granning axles, Granning air suspension with raise/lower control and a Knorr-Bremse electronic braking system and is fitted with Andover hydraulic fold forward ramps to save fuel consumption. These ramps also facilitate transportation of 40 yd containers, graders and awkward-shaped plant and machinery; while the trailer’s step frame design increases manoeuvrability on narrow country lanes and farm tracks.
G Farwell operates its own groundwork business as well as hiring out plant for construction , demolition and road maintenance industries to customers across Hampshire, Dorset and Wiltshire. Recent projects it has been involved in include the groundworks for family leisure centre Paultons Park on the edge of the New Forest.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/12/2014 - NEW HEAD OF TRAILER SALES FOR ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 16/05/2014 - Third Time's a charm as O'Brien Contractors orders latest Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 15/05/2014 - Goldhofer bringing latest Axle Technology to the UK
- 20/02/2014 - Innovative Trailer design to help one call hire reduce fuel costs
- 21/11/2013 - Abnormal Load Specialist orders First Five Axle Step Frame from Andover Trailers
- 05/11/2013 - Andover Trailers Storms to Victory Through Sponsorship Deal
- 07/10/2013 - New Trailer marks 10 years of business for Andover Trailers with Northern Irish Heavy Haulier
- 23/09/2013 - Andover Trailers does the job for Smalley Plant Hire
- 13/08/2013 - Reynolds & Read order first Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 23/07/2013 - Andover Trailers is First Choice for Highway Plant Hire
- 03/12/2012 - Ermin Plant Hire delivers with striking new 26 tonner
- 13/08/2012 - New Step Frame Conveys Quality for Hamilton Tarmac
- 13/06/2012 - Blackwood Plant Hire unearths New 56-Tonne Step Frame
- 24/04/2012 - Goldhofer Powers Petrobas Oil Rig Move
- 16/02/2012 - H.E. Services digs deep with significant fleet investment
- 13/01/2012 - Andover Trailers lauded ‘Best In Business’ by Cardiff Haulier
- 04/01/2012 - Goldhofer plays heavy-duty role in Costa Rica Power Plant Construction
- 27/10/2011 - Cotswold Roller Hire expands branch network and truck fleet
- 10/10/2011 - Andover Trailers' Step Frame gets the job done - 'PLANE' AND SIMPLE
- 27/07/2011 - Innovative trailer design from Goldhofer puts haulier ahead of competitors
- 12/07/2011 - Tomato Plant grows with Andover Trailers
- 05/05/2011 - Forklift Specialist chooses bespoke design from Andover Trailers
- 12/04/2011 - 152-Tonne Andover Trailers design marks success story for British Manufacturing
- 10/03/2011 - Plant hire company optimises delivery service with bespoke trailer from Andover
- 14/02/2011 - Decade begins for new Andover Trailers Plant bodies
- 26/01/2011 - Andover's new lightweight step frame targets C&U operators
- 04/11/2010 - CONSISTENT QUALITY FROM ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 16/09/2010 - Andover's still got it over ten years on says Linde
- 14/09/2010 - Andover solves herculean task of transporting oil platform
- 07/09/2010 - ANDOVER MAKES DELIVERIES EASIER, SAYS T H WHITE
- 24/08/2010 - GOLDHOFER LAUNCHES NEW 62-METRE WIND BLADE TRAILER
- 06/07/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS, SAYS SPEY BAY SALVAGE
- 13/05/2010 - ANDOVER GOES THE DISTANCE FOR NATIONAL ROAD PLANING
- 24/03/2010 - Andover Trailers power through for Scorpion
- 20/01/2010 - Andover plants body trio for Skelton Group
- 06/01/2010 - Andovers' Goldhofer keeps Potteries Heavy Haulage moving
- 18/12/2009 - Goldhofer self propelled transport is big in Japan
- 10/12/2009 - AETs' seven 'wonders' from Andover
- 23/11/2009 - Andover launch partners expandable Trailer
- 20/10/2009 - Hendersons' productivity increased by Andover
- 07/10/2009 - Lifterz scale new heights with Andover Trailers
- 17/09/2009 - Solution couldn't be planer for Andover
- 11/09/2009 - Sky's the limit as Andover signs new distributorship
- 07/09/2009 - Young gun turns to Andover for heavy hauling
- 28/08/2009 - Reigart hits the road with Andover Heavy Hauler
- 13/08/2009 - Andover Trailers ace sports construction specialist
- 07/08/2009 - Andovers' sweet sixteen Drawbar for Tripod Crest
- 22/07/2009 - Osmonds 'brake' milestone record with Andover