Two new B&K LCR Meters from Metrix raise the level of performance
28 October 2010
New from Metrix Electronics, the BK878B and BK879B enhanced handheld LCR meters from B&K Precision, add additional and improved features.New and improved features include wider measurement ranges as well as higher accuracy and speed, offering more precise and reliable measurements of inductance, capacitance, and resistance, plus new capabilities not previously available in handheld LCR meters.
Updates for these models include greater flexibility with a variety of measurement capabilities: 0.5% accuracy, wide frequency and voltage test ranges, and three tolerance modes with visible or audible alerts for batch component sorting.
Both units can measure D (dissipation), Q (quality factor) and transfer all measurement results to a PC via USB interface using the provided logging software. Alternatively, users can write a custom program and control the meters remotely via SCPI commands.
With their 40,000-count plus 10,000-count dual display, these improved LCR meters rate as the first meters in this price category to offer such high-resolution performance displays.
New and unique to Model BK879B is the inclusion of an ESR (equivalent series resistance) function to measure and rate the true quality of a capacitor, and calculation of impedance (Z) and Theta – features usually reserved for bench top LCR units.
Their specialised features make these LCR meters particularly suited for passive component testing, electronic assembly, or quality control.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 02/09/2011 - Measure, control and log data with MultiCon from Metrix
- 01/09/2011 - Dual Display handheld Capacitance Meters from Metrix
- 31/08/2011 - New high-power Bench Power Supplies from Metrix
- 17/02/2011 - Metrix present upgraded DAQ Manager Software with new features
- 17/02/2011 - Metrx introduce innovative 50 MHz Pulse Generators with single or dual outputs
- 15/02/2011 - Metrix launch 25 MHz Oscilloscopes for education, training, service and repair applications
- 15/02/2011 - New large multi-function Clock Display with optional Temperature & Humidity from Metrix
- 15/02/2011 - Metrix launch Industrial Control Panels with Profibus-DP or Serial Interfaces
- 14/02/2011 - Metrix introduce Compact High Definition MPEG-4 meters
- 11/02/2011 - Metrix launch hand held Process Calibrator with Datalogger function
- 26/10/2010 - Metrix supply true RMS Bench Multimeter for service, repair and educational use
- 25/10/2010 - Sophisticated 50MHz Arbitrary Waveform / Function Generators
- 21/10/2010 - Metrix introduce 2 and 4-channel Portable Recorders with optional built-in Printer
- 19/10/2010 - Large size multi-function indicators/controllers
- 18/10/2010 - Metrix launch Compact Multi-Channel Meter / Controller, plus data recording options
- 12/03/2010 - Metrix present 1.44 kW programmable DC Power Supplies
- 11/03/2010 - HD TV Meters for satellite, terrestrial and cable TV systems
- 11/03/2010 - Truly Portable 3.3GHz & 8.5GHz Handheld Spectrum Analyzers
- 06/04/2009 - Alphanumeric series Field Bus Displays from Metrix Electronics
- 26/01/2009 - Metrix announce new TV Signal analysers
- 04/12/2008 - Comprehensive Range of Bargraph Indicators
- 02/06/2008 - Rugged Indicators for Marine and Transportation Applications
- 02/06/2008 - Compact Process and Temperature Data Recorders
- 28/05/2007 - ‘Pick-to-Light’ concept enhances warehouse efficiency
- 28/05/2007 - New digital panel meter displays
- 28/05/2007 - Ultra LARGE Displays for industry
- 28/05/2007 - Bargraph Indicators & Controllers
- 28/05/2007 - Patented Meter designs comply with latest international safety standards
- 28/05/2007 - Industrial Panel Printers with USB or Profibus options
- 28/05/2007 - Thermal & "paperless" recorders are adaptable from 6-36 channels
- 28/05/2007 - Enhanced test & measuring instrument range for 2007