Shorter shaft electric Drum Pump from Michael Smith Engineers ideal for smaller containers
25 October 2010
Transferring liquids, such as oils, acids and detergents from small drums, buckets and carboys is often done manually, where even if correct procedures are followed, can be a time-consuming and messy process.An easier and more efficient method is by using light and compact motor driven drum pumps, such as those available from pumping specialists Michael Smith Engineers. They offer the range of Finish Thompson EF drum pumps including a shorter 16” tube length option which are ideal for transferring liquids from smaller containers.
The EF series sealless drum pump with short shaft is designed for light to medium duty and is capable of delivering flow rates up to 64 lit/min at discharge pressures up to 6.1 metres. They are an ideal alternative to manual methods of transferring liquids and also more efficient than hand pumps. They eliminate the handling problems associated with heavy containers whilst enabling precise amounts of liquid to be transferred to smaller containers with less risk of spillage.
The EF series of pumps can be supplied in a choice of longer tube lengths, 27”, 40” and 48” to suit larger containers (the motors are also interchangeable with any tube selection) and are offered in a choice of construction materials of polypropylene, pure polypro/pure PVDF. Other features are dual speed, adjustable, continuous duty electric or air motors which have CSA or CE certifications and a built-in hose and cord clip for convenient storage.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 18/01/2012 - Viking Gear Pumps with electronic heating available from Michael Smith
- 14/11/2011 - Tough, heavy duty Gear Pumps from Michael Smith are easy to maintain
- 20/10/2011 - Michael Smith adds to Micro Annular Gear Pump range
- 13/09/2011 - Sealless Pumps help solve 'sticky' problem
- 17/08/2011 - Michael Smith extends leak free plastic Mag Drive Pump range
- 19/07/2011 - Leak free, seal-less Mag Drive Pump from Michael Smith for critical applications
- 20/06/2011 - Mag-Drive Pumps meet the challenges of Ultrasonic Cleaning
- 31/01/2011 - Michael Smith extends self priming Mag-Drive Pump range
- 24/11/2010 - Michael Smiths' Precision Gear Pumps ideal for rubber & plastics processing
- 20/08/2010 - Micheal Smith Engineers' made-to-measure Micropumps for OEM applications
- 26/07/2010 - API 685 Pumps ready for oil and petrochemical industry duties
- 19/05/2010 - Michael Smith Engineers' non-stop pumps help keep coffee production flowing
- 05/05/2010 - DRUM PUMPS SUIT ACIDS, CHEMICALS AND CORROSIVES
- 18/09/2009 - Accurate & reliable dispensing for challenging liquids
- 23/07/2009 - PFA lined Gear Pumps meet the challenge at lower cost
- 26/06/2009 - Sealless Pumps meet pressures of centralised cleaning
- 21/05/2009 - Powerful new Motors for portable drum emtying pumps from Michael Smith Engineers