Platform Lift provides access for all at Grand Central Station
01 November 2010
Axess 4 All installed the Platform Lift at the Loughborough station to provide access to the lower levels for wheelchair users and the less abled.The platform lift, which is fully DDA compliant, was officially handed over by Lord Mayor of Loughborough Cllr Roy brown and Margaret Cobbold the executive director of Veolia environmental trust who were the main grant givers, which made the project possible in conjunction with other charitable donations.
Axess 4 All supplied and installed the A5000 platform lift which was fitted with a fully glazed fire rated door to the main upper level. The lift was also manufactured in the colour green of the Great Central Railway in order to blend in aesthetically with the rest of the station and evoke the Victorian era.
The platform lift was fitted in an old service shaft that dates back to 1899. This shaft was originally used to carry luggage down to the station platform. The lift will now allow people with impaired mobility such as wheelchair users and parents with young children with pushchairs or buggies access to the atmospheric surroundings of a bygone era and to travel on the steam trains of the Great Central Railway and enjoy all that the station offers.
The station at Loughborough has undergone other improvements on the station platform with facilities for disabled access and is now a wheelchair friendly environment.
Spokesmen Tony Spark and Tom Ingall commented that having the platform lift installed had been a major success and they are very pleased with overall look of the lift and the service that they have received from Axess 4 All.
Axess 4 All have also fitted an A2000 step lift for wheelchair users at the entrance to the tea rooms at Rothley Station. This will allow all people, including those disabled or simply less mobile, to enjoy the excellent café facilities and make the most of their visit to an historic site. Axess 4 All look forward to having an ongoing working relationship with the Great Central Railway and are proud to have been able to provide access for wheelchair users and other disabled persons to such an important local amenity.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 24/01/2012 - Access for all in Custom House revamp
- 13/10/2011 - Axess offer spare parts for Cibes platform lifts
- 07/09/2011 - Axess 4 All Home Lift has Grand Designs
- 06/09/2011 - College improves access for all
- 15/07/2011 - Lomito Stack Sandwiches gain quicker 'axess' to diners
- 07/02/2011 - Axess 4 All launch mini platform lift with options
- 05/01/2011 - Axess 4 All gain CHAS accreditation
- 05/01/2011 - Axess 4 All install dumb waiter at London restaurant
- 08/11/2010 - Axess 4 all solve University platform lift challenge
- 27/08/2010 - Axess 4 All on board HMS Belfast
- 05/08/2010 - Axess' Platform Lift installed as part of school redevelopment
- 26/07/2010 - Axess 4 All at Watches of Switzerland
- 10/05/2010 - Axess 4 All at The Alex Restaurant
- 23/04/2010 - Free " Health Check Service " from Axess 4 All
- 22/04/2010 - Service Hoist - Dumb Waiter
- 12/03/2010 - All aboard thanks to Axess 4 All
- 15/01/2010 - Uks' first fully glazed one hour fire rated door from Axess 4 All