National Environmental Award for OSS Group
04 November 2010
And company MD wins Liverpool Director of the Year At the UK final held in London on September 30th.The OSS management team was awarded the national Environmental Impact award in the British Venture Capital Association (BVCA) Portfolio Company Awards.
And on October 6th, at its awards final held in Manchester, the Institute of Directors announced OSS managing Director Andy McNair as its Liverpool Director of the Year and finalist in the national Director of the Year.
According to Andy McNair, “Benefitting the environment is a vital part of what we do. It is essential in our success. This national BVCA award is real recognition of all our managers across our business.
“Whilst I am obviously very flattered to have won the IoD award, again, I am only part of a team – the visible tip of the iceberg. Everyone in our company can justly share this recognition.”
These latest accolades bring the total of awards to OSS this year up to six. In July the BVCA awarded the OSS management team the Environmental, Social & Governance Team of the Year award for the North West region.
The awards, for thriving and innovative British companies, recognize a management team’s outstanding contribution to the growth of a private equity backed company, demonstrating strategic vision and overall development of the business.
In February this year OSS was ranked 31st in the Sunday Times Buyout 100 and 16th in the Chartered Institute of Waste Management’s 50 fastest growing companies in that sector. In April the company achieved the position of 34th in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 20/02/2014 - Hydrodec Group plc acquires OSS Group
- 20/02/2014 - Hydrodec in Essar Oil deal to create UK oil re-refining centre Hydrodec Plant
- 20/02/2014 - New General Manager for OSS Group
- 21/06/2013 - Workshops wared to check who collects their waste oil
- 15/03/2013 - Northern Ireland new depot approval for OSS Group
- 15/03/2013 - OSS offers the best package deals at Commercial Vehicle Show
- 10/01/2013 - Aggregate Industries go for major waste recycling plan.
- 08/11/2012 - Used rubber track collection and recycling; new service.
- 08/11/2012 - Good results for 2011 from OSS Group.
- 08/11/2012 - Better parts washers that save money.
- 08/11/2012 - Garage electrical equipment waste collection now available.
- 09/11/2011 - OSS Group acquires Hall and Campey - Good news for OSS customers
- 09/11/2011 - OSS Group’s paperless management system up-graded
- 09/11/2011 - OSS Group’s Laboratory is accredited by UKAS
- 09/11/2011 - OSS Group launch new recycled fuel oil
- 06/08/2010 - Instant free compliance check
- 06/08/2010 - OSS recycled fuel oil compliant with new laws
- 06/08/2010 - New oil laws mean workshop owners could face prosecution
- 06/08/2010 - Processed fuel oil protocol adopted by Northern Ireland and Scotland
- 07/08/2008 - Hazardous Waste will be 100% Recycable