Spill Kits to safely handle any cytotoxic emergency
04 November 2010
Whenever cytotoxics are produced, handled or administered there is the risk of spillage and a suitable spill kit should be on hand to safely clean up and decontaminate the area, protecting personnel and avoiding cross contamination.Helapet offer a selection of cytotoxic spill kits ranging from Home Spill Kits for patients or staff administering cytotoxics away from the hospital environment, to the Berner Spill Kit XP that is fully compliant with the latest European PPE guidelines for handling cytotoxics.
The standard Berner Spill Kit for liquid spills is now available completely latex free with the option of choosing a larger glove and gown if required.
The Berner Spill Kit XP will safely handle both liquid and powder spills and is supplied complete with safety apparel to protect the operator, absorbent mat to absorb the spill, distilled water to dilute and damp down powder spills and a scoop and tongs for collecting glass and sharp fragments.
All soiled items should be placed in the waste bags provided and disposed of as cytotoxic waste.
For more information please call 0800 0328 428 or visit our website www.helapet.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/07/2018 - Celebrating the winners of 2018 APTUK Katherine Miles Poster Competition
- 07/07/2016 - VaccinePorter® Cold Chain Carrier Systems
- 21/10/2014 - September Exhibitions
- 04/08/2014 - Welcoming Tony Phelps...
- 24/07/2014 - Helapet expands containment product solutions with new Cirrus Containments Isolators
- 06/03/2014 - Berner XP Spill Kits
- 19/08/2013 - Your extra margin of safety with new NeedleSafe II exclusively from Helapet
- 19/08/2013 - Setting the standard with the new Berner Nitrile Glove from Helapet
- 10/06/2013 - Veterinary Cyto Procedure Packs
- 20/05/2013 - ThermoFlash ideal for non-contact FLAP Temperature Monitoring
- 14/03/2013 - Helapet looks West for new Needleless Transfer Systems
- 05/12/2012 - ThermoFlash ideal for non-contact FLAP Temperature Monitoring
- 08/11/2012 - Introducing the Timestrip Minus
- 08/11/2012 - Helapet expands our Pre-filled Syringe Transporter Range
- 12/07/2012 - New Helapet Cold Chain Porters launching at Medtec 2012
- 12/07/2012 - Helapet Syringe Transporter
- 29/03/2011 - Home Spill Kit for cytotoxics
- 10/03/2011 - Have you been assessed yet?
- 03/03/2011 - New TimestripPlus™ indicator shows at a glance when +8 deg C is breached
- 06/12/2010 - Rowespike vent excellent choice for reconstitution
- 14/09/2010 - Helapet sponsor Poster Award in collaboration with Association of Pharmacy Technicians
- 07/09/2010 - Protect endoscopes and stop the spread of infection
- 07/09/2010 - Do your Cleanroom cleaners leave sticky residues?
- 24/08/2010 - Bespoke packaging of disposables for aseptic use
- 09/04/2010 - Helapet Award for Independent Study
- 30/03/2010 - Upgrade to Helapet Home Spill Kit
- 18/02/2010 - Helapet launch TimestripPlus™ for TPN
- 15/02/2010 - Helapet present Isovent autoclave filters
- 15/01/2010 - Helapet introduce TimestripPlus™
- 03/12/2009 - New SteriClean rotational cleaning and disinfection regime now available from Helapet
- 02/12/2009 - PharmaClear Syringe filters clarify and sterilise liquids with ease
- 21/08/2009 - Helapet launches Cyto Pack for Cytotoxic administration
- 26/08/2008 - Emerald Under-gloves dramatically improve protection from cytotoxic agents.
- 26/08/2008 - Ideal solution for the HPV Vaccination Programme
- 26/08/2008 - Cleaning the Cleanroom
- 26/08/2008 - Transporting Temperature Sensitive Drugs
- 08/08/2008 - SteriClean® Flowrap 100 Wipes
- 09/05/2007 - SteriClean Alcohol Spray - same high quality, new economy version
- 09/05/2007 - SteriClean Wipes - same high quality, new economy size
- 09/05/2007 - Purple lids for Cytotoxic waste