CONSISTENT QUALITY FROM ANDOVER TRAILERS
04 November 2010
Plant and skip hire specialist Shorts Group has taken delivery of a new vehicle for transporting plant: a DAF LF55 4x2 rigid, mounted with a bespoke plant body manufactured by Andover Trailers.heavyThis is the second vehicle the company has bought from Andover Trailers for transporting diggers, dumpers, access platforms and rollers to customers in the area surrounding its base in Ascot.
Plant Transport Manager Jason Southam says the last Andover purchase the company made – a Mercedes-Benz Atego truck with a similar plant body – is still going strong.
“It looks good; it’s durable; it’s tough: it’s exactly what we wanted,” says Southam.
“We didn’t even consider another manufacturer this time round. We knew we wanted the same kind of quality as last time, so we went straight to Andover – and we haven’t been let down. It’s the kind of manufacturer you can rely on.”
The new vehicle has an eight-metre-long LPPB18 single crank plant body with beavertail, a cab-high headboard fitted with wisadeck and mesh. It is finish-painted green.
Consistent quality from Andover Trailers
It has side raves made from special lightweight steel to maximise the vehicle’s payload potential, and 2.5-metre-long by 450-mm-high aluminium dropsides with removable pillars for added flexibility.
Plant is loaded via hydraulic power-toe ramps fitted with Expamet, and an electric 8,000 lb Superwinch and hydraulic steady legs facilitate the process. Eight pairs of lashing points in the floor hold the machinery securely in place, and the vehicle is also fitted with a red diesel tank and pump to fill the machines on site.
The vehicle will operate five days a week, performing approximately ten deliveries a day to customers in the 30-mile radius surrounding Ascot. It will cover an estimated 25-30,000 miles a year, and should remain with the company for at least eight years. It joins a fleet of over 40 vehicles, three of which are used for plant hire.
Shorts Group offers skip hire, gritting and demolition as well as agricultural and construction plant hire. The plant hire department of the company began in 1957.
For information on the heavy haulage and specialist transport solutions provided by Andover Trailers, contact Ivan Collins at Andover Trailers Ltd, Unit 75, Columbus Way, Walworth Industrial Estate, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 5NP. Tel: 01264 358 944 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.andovertrailers.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/12/2014 - NEW HEAD OF TRAILER SALES FOR ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 16/05/2014 - Third Time's a charm as O'Brien Contractors orders latest Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 15/05/2014 - Goldhofer bringing latest Axle Technology to the UK
- 20/02/2014 - Innovative Trailer design to help one call hire reduce fuel costs
- 21/11/2013 - Abnormal Load Specialist orders First Five Axle Step Frame from Andover Trailers
- 05/11/2013 - Andover Trailers Storms to Victory Through Sponsorship Deal
- 07/10/2013 - New Trailer marks 10 years of business for Andover Trailers with Northern Irish Heavy Haulier
- 23/09/2013 - Andover Trailers does the job for Smalley Plant Hire
- 13/08/2013 - Reynolds & Read order first Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 23/07/2013 - Andover Trailers is First Choice for Highway Plant Hire
- 03/12/2012 - Ermin Plant Hire delivers with striking new 26 tonner
- 13/08/2012 - New Step Frame Conveys Quality for Hamilton Tarmac
- 13/06/2012 - Blackwood Plant Hire unearths New 56-Tonne Step Frame
- 24/04/2012 - Goldhofer Powers Petrobas Oil Rig Move
- 16/02/2012 - H.E. Services digs deep with significant fleet investment
- 13/01/2012 - Andover Trailers lauded ‘Best In Business’ by Cardiff Haulier
- 04/01/2012 - Goldhofer plays heavy-duty role in Costa Rica Power Plant Construction
- 27/10/2011 - Cotswold Roller Hire expands branch network and truck fleet
- 10/10/2011 - Andover Trailers' Step Frame gets the job done - 'PLANE' AND SIMPLE
- 27/07/2011 - Innovative trailer design from Goldhofer puts haulier ahead of competitors
- 12/07/2011 - Tomato Plant grows with Andover Trailers
- 05/05/2011 - Forklift Specialist chooses bespoke design from Andover Trailers
- 12/04/2011 - 152-Tonne Andover Trailers design marks success story for British Manufacturing
- 10/03/2011 - Plant hire company optimises delivery service with bespoke trailer from Andover
- 14/02/2011 - Decade begins for new Andover Trailers Plant bodies
- 26/01/2011 - Andover's new lightweight step frame targets C&U operators
- 11/10/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS: THE NEXT GENERATION
- 16/09/2010 - Andover's still got it over ten years on says Linde
- 14/09/2010 - Andover solves herculean task of transporting oil platform
- 07/09/2010 - ANDOVER MAKES DELIVERIES EASIER, SAYS T H WHITE
- 24/08/2010 - GOLDHOFER LAUNCHES NEW 62-METRE WIND BLADE TRAILER
- 06/07/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS, SAYS SPEY BAY SALVAGE
- 13/05/2010 - ANDOVER GOES THE DISTANCE FOR NATIONAL ROAD PLANING
- 24/03/2010 - Andover Trailers power through for Scorpion
- 20/01/2010 - Andover plants body trio for Skelton Group
- 06/01/2010 - Andovers' Goldhofer keeps Potteries Heavy Haulage moving
- 18/12/2009 - Goldhofer self propelled transport is big in Japan
- 10/12/2009 - AETs' seven 'wonders' from Andover
- 23/11/2009 - Andover launch partners expandable Trailer
- 20/10/2009 - Hendersons' productivity increased by Andover
- 07/10/2009 - Lifterz scale new heights with Andover Trailers
- 17/09/2009 - Solution couldn't be planer for Andover
- 11/09/2009 - Sky's the limit as Andover signs new distributorship
- 07/09/2009 - Young gun turns to Andover for heavy hauling
- 28/08/2009 - Reigart hits the road with Andover Heavy Hauler
- 13/08/2009 - Andover Trailers ace sports construction specialist
- 07/08/2009 - Andovers' sweet sixteen Drawbar for Tripod Crest
- 22/07/2009 - Osmonds 'brake' milestone record with Andover