Channel Oriented PLC design with EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
10 November 2010
EPLAN launched the new version of EPLAN Electric P8 2.0 in August 2010.Extended CAD functions in the area of free graphics now guarantee clear production specifications. Trimming and chamfering as well as perpendicular and tangential design are only some of the functions that support detailed representations for mechanical production. To place graphical objects XY coordinates can now be directly entered in EPLAN Electric P8. This lets you quickly create operators’ desks and flange plates, with all the information needed for trouble-free production, and saves engineering time and speeds up enclosure construction.
The new full text filter in parts management lets users use search terms to quickly filter parts masters and select the right component in the tree/list/combination view. Designing is also accelerated at the device level; the full text filter is integrated in the parts master data navigator. This simplifies handling, which is given an enormous boost in the new EPLAN Electric P8. Mini toolbars and detailed icons for toolbars now ensure intuitive handling to the benefit of both professional and occasional users.
With the new "protected device" function, all project parts are retained, even in the case of graphic delete commands. Another highlight is the additional 'Netbased Wiring' model, an exciting approach to wiring. In EPLAN Electric P8 you will be able to define detailed connections within a network at the database level, irrespective of the graphical representation. In the schematic, logical point wiring instead of target wiring will be shown.
Whether point wiring, active device protection or channel oriented PLC design, the software offers practical potential for more project reliability, functionality and speed. The quality of all documentation is guaranteed by active check functions and the system automatically prevents incorrect data from being entered.
Version 2.0 of EPLAN Electric P8 fulfils the requirements for more reliability and maximum practical support in engineering. More than 1,000 customer requirements were taken into consideration during development. The result: Continuous time and cost savings in electrical engineering and simultaneous support of interdisciplinary cooperation with fluid engineering, process automation, enclosure construction and production.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/06/2012 - EPLAN increases technical support
- 02/04/2012 - EPLAN to attend Drives and Controls 2012
- 19/03/2012 - EPLAN Service Pack 2.1 is now released
- 15/11/2011 - EPLAN Platform 2.1 is released
- 19/04/2011 - EPLAN Interface to Autodesk Vault PDM System
- 14/03/2011 - New Features in EPLAN Electric P8 2.0 SP1
- 26/08/2010 - EPLAN Electric P8 New Version
- 23/07/2010 - New EPLAN Electric P8 2.0
- 25/05/2010 - Integrated Enclosure Manufacturing with EPLAN Electric P8
- 13/05/2010 - New EPLAN Data Portal Online
- 16/03/2010 - Data Portal has tremendous effect on engineering
- 05/03/2010 - EPLAN launch PLC & Bus Extension module
- 31/12/2009 - Project speeds boosted by Data Portal from E-Plan
- 07/05/2009 - EPLAN Software & Service help Elopak fill a design need
- 06/05/2009 - Complimentary workshops for design, build and enclosure of Control Cabinets