Innovative new canopy design
11 November 2010
Fordingbridge prides itself in being able to create bespoke canopies to fit any project;we recently received a client enquiry for which none of our standard solutions were appropriate so we set about creating a new design. The result was this innovative timber canopy based on the steel Scott cantilever.
This canopy combines the aesthetics of timber with the convenience of a cantilever structure. The cantilever structure can be used in a wide variety of situations but it is perfect where minimal posts are necessary.
The canopy uses a sustainably sourced glulaminated spruce frame with a galvanised steel brace and is clad in a hard wearing triple walled polycarbonate, with an expected life span on 15 years. This structure could also be clad in Opal 20 a fire retardant fabric with a life expectancy of 8 years.
This project was a prototype built at our factory site in Fontwell, the canopy will now be available as part of our standard or bespoke ranges and we look forward to constructing many more in the future.
If you are interested in our canopies visit www.fordingbridge.co.uk to view our large project portfolio or contact us on 01243 554455.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 04/12/2014 - Fordingbridge announce Costa Coffee contract
- 21/06/2013 - Drayton Manor Park’s pie and teashop all ready for Summer and beyond
- 20/05/2013 - Guide to ensure the canopy you choose performs safely and withstands the UK weather
- 15/03/2013 - Building Bulletin
- 10/01/2013 - Work gets underway at Fairmead Special School.
- 10/01/2013 - The UK Green Building Council launches new award for built environment sustainability champions.
- 17/12/2012 - The DECC launches a new low carbon heating fund for community groups.
- 17/12/2012 - Fordingbridge welcome EBDOG delegates to The Greenpower Centre.
- 17/12/2012 - Tops Day Nursery, Lakeside North Harbour, Portsmouth
- 12/10/2010 - Aylsham High School "thrilled" with their new building
- 27/05/2010 - Brain wave prevents brain damage
- 27/05/2010 - Greenpower Centre