Bibby introduce Techne® 3000G gradient thermal cycler
02 December 2010
The leading model in the 3000 group of personal cyclers, the 3000G, available from Bibby Scientific, is the worlds smallets and offers an unbeatable combination of performance, versatility and ease of use.The TC-3000G gradient model, one of the extensive range of Techne thermal cyclers from Bibby Scientific, has two interchangeable block options including a gradient spread of up to 15ºc, a wide choice of consumables, rapid programming and a network capability. All these features and more fit within a 17 x 33 cm bench space, making this the worlds smallest gradient thermal cycler.
The TC-3000G gradient thermal cyclers' 48-well thermal block provides eight columns for testing eight different temperatures simultaneously, with six rows to optimise reagents such as MgCl2 and primer concentrations. The alternative thermal block option holds 30 x 0.5 ml tubes – significantly more than the usual capacity for tubes of this size in a small cycler.
Techne Product Manager, Dave Watts;
"The TC-3000G holds half a 96-well plate so that a wider range of temperatures can be applied and any protocol optimised within a single experiment. The latest software permits a gradient to be imposed on any temperature step of the program. The heated lid of the TC-3000G is temperature adjustable and also fully height-adjustable, giving users the widest possible choice of consumables, including Techne’s 24 and 48-well plates and 8-tube strips, which adds to the unit’s versatility."
The TC-3000G is easy to use, with ‘speed dial’ fast program finding. The gradient calculator displays the temperature for each of the eight columns, ensuring easy replication of optimised thermal conditions. Annealing temperatures for primers binding to DNA templates can be tested over a 15 °C gradient, anywhere between 20 and 80 °C. The block heating rate of 3.3 °C per second is the fastest of all 48-well cyclers in the market, including gradient units. Utilising the USB connection, one standalone unit or up to 32 cyclers networked together can be controlled from a computer by Technes' free Gensoft PC software.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Jenway’s new product catalogue now available for download
- 20/02/2012 - New higher specifications for Melting Point Apparatus
- 16/02/2012 - Jenway pH electrode range covers routine to research applications
- 04/07/2011 - Stuart® shakes up microtitre plate incubation
- 21/06/2011 - Jenway 6800 spectrophotometer gains new qualifications
- 14/06/2011 - New colony counter lights the way for ease of use
- 20/04/2011 - Bibby Scientific looks to the East with sales office in Singapore
- 10/03/2011 - Optimised for versatility is the Techne, worlds smallest gradient thermal cycler from Bibby
- 09/03/2011 - Innovative Techne® TC-PLUS thermal cyclers from Bibby save time, space and energy
- 08/03/2011 - Bibbys' Jenway, Stuart and Techne customers benefit from rapid-response technical support
- 14/01/2011 - Stuart rotator keeps statutory fertiliser analysis work turning over
- 11/01/2011 - Life Sciences Super Lab selects Jenway spectrophotometers
- 11/01/2011 - Stuarts' SMP40 melting point from Bibby – the automatic choice
- 07/01/2011 - Jenway signals confidence in quality with new market-leading 3-year warranty
- 07/01/2011 - SMP20 ramps up melting point versatility
- 06/01/2011 - Entry-level Spectrophotometers narrow bandwidth and footprint!
- 06/01/2011 - Microtitre plate incubator shakes up life science market
- 21/12/2010 - Jenway 73 series spectrophotometers prescribed to measure aspirin concentration
- 21/12/2010 - New online video starring Stuart Shaking Incubator
- 20/12/2010 - New spectrophotometers are an icon of usability
- 20/12/2010 - Stuart microcentrifuge keeps it compact and quiet
- 06/12/2010 - New Techne TC-PLUS thermal cyclers offer speed, flexibility and ease of use