Bespoke Media Panel For New Westminster Bridge Hotel
08 December 2010
Decorative electrical wiring accessories and lighting controls manufacturer Hamilton Litestat has supplied a unique table-mounted media and power outlet for the impressive new Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel.The bespoke product was designed by Hamilton’s team of experts, who worked closely with the hotel’s architects to ensure that the final product met the aesthetic, engineering and safety requirements of one of London’s largest hotels. Hamilton’s interpretation of the brief realised the designer’s concept while meeting the functional criteria and the requirements of current electrical standards.
The freestanding unit has been finished with Hamilton’s piano black – a glassy mirrored finish to enhance the hotel’s contemporary, high specification interior. Its smooth curves and clean lines are inspired by popular Apple products such as the iPad and Mac computers. The panel features a combination of British 13 amp sockets, European and American sockets, a speaker socket for MP3 players and an internet connection point that allows guests to access the hotel’s broadband network. Given the hotel’s prime central location the product has been designed and produced for the needs of both business and leisure guests who can easily make use of their own portable electrical equipment with no need for international adaptors. It also means that guests aren’t required to find a socket at a lower level or unplug any fixed hotel equipment.
Ian Hamilton, Hamilton’s managing director, said the scale of the project (over 1,100 units were produced) reflected the growing need for bespoke products to cope with the increasingly complicated demands of modern living.
“A hotel of Park Plaza Westminster Bridge’s standard requires products that aren’t run of the mill to meet its guests’ high standards,” commented Ian. “This particular product is an example of combining particular functionality with a carefully designed aesthetic that turns what is essentially quite a utilitarian product into an interesting, attractive design feature. The fact that it’s in every bedroom and suite in the building ensures each guest experiences that level of design as standard, even though the product is anything but a standard item in terms of manufacture.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 23/09/2013 - Decorex preview
- 29/05/2013 - Savile Row Accessories, Tailor Made by Hamilton
- 21/02/2013 - Challenge your ‘Perception’
- 05/02/2013 - Ribby Hall Village is Lancashire hot-spot for Hamilton accessories
- 02/08/2011 - Hamilton to launch new multi-room audio system at Decorex Stand J317
- 18/05/2011 - Fantastic in plastic!
- 12/05/2011 - Hartland CFX Colours are newest additions to Hamiltons' best selling range
- 14/03/2011 - New transformers and drivers from Hamilton
- 09/03/2011 - Hamilton expands architectural ironmongery range
- 16/12/2010 - New role to drive Hamiltons' expansion
- 25/11/2010 - NORTHERN IRELAND HOUSING EXCEUTIVE PURCHASE NEW FLEET OF ISEKI MOWERS
- 22/10/2010 - British made accessories for Cornish holiday home
- 11/10/2010 - Hamilton Litestat Showcases Expanded Range At Sleep 2010
- 05/10/2010 - Hamilton Litestat keeps it in the family with new managing director
- 13/09/2010 - New USB socket from Hamilton Litestat makes charging via a PC a thing of the past