Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
11 January 2011
Designed to provide electrical contractors and others who work on electrical systems with a safe and convenient way of checking voltages.Megger’s new TPT210 and TPT220 two-pole voltage testers are compact, durable and inexpensive. As a further benefit, they offer a range of useful additional functions, including continuity testing, RCD function checking, and two-pole phase sequence indication.
Although they are smaller than the average mobile phone, both testers comply with the requirements of IEC 61010 for CAT IV 1000 V applications, making them suitable for use in any location on low voltage electrical installations. Both also have a built-in safety feature to warn users of dangerous voltages even if the batteries in the tester are exhausted.
The TPT210 tester has a dual-colour LED display that provides ac and dc voltage indication from 6 V to 1,000 V in eight steps. This tester also offers audible and visual continuity checking, and a facility for carrying out simple functional checks on 30 mA RCDs, RCBOs and safety breakers. Compared with many other types of two-pole tester, phase sequence indication has been simplified, and does not require the test probes to be crossed.
Additional features include an integrated torch, an exhausted battery warning indicator and an auto power off function to extend battery life.
The TPT220 tester provides similar functionality to the TP210, but instead of LED indicators it has an LCD panel that displays the actual voltage present over the range 6 V to 1,000 V, ac or dc. The continuity/resistance function also displays the resistance of the circuit under test up to a maximum of 2 kΩ. A data hold feature is provided for continuity/resistance measurements and the display has a backlight that turns on automatically in dimly lit environments.
To ensure maximum safety, both the TPT210 and TPT220 have strongly constructed but easy-to-grip bodies with an IP65 ingress protection rating. GS38 shrouds are provided as standard for the probes tips and replacement shrouds are available separately as an accessory.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth