Success for TME’s 2-in-1 Dual Purpose Surface/Immersion Probe
29 March 2011
TME have introduced a unique temperature probe which is particularly ideal for water temperature monitoring during Legionella control operations.It is specially designed for taking both the temperature of running water and the surface temperature of water pipes and tanks - all with one probe.
Until now, it has been necessary for engineers to equip themselves with two separate temperature probes; one for immersion in running water and the other for surface temperature readings of pipes, calorifiers etc. Carrying two probes around a site and constantly switching them around at different test points is both cumbersome and time consuming. Moreover, the design of many surface temperature probes is such that they are easily damaged and can be costly to replace.
TME’s Dual Purpose Surface/Immersion Probe has a unique tip comprising a broad sensor band that is partially encapsulated in a silicon compound. This encapsulation has two major benefits.
• The sensor is completely waterproof which means you can run it under a tap to take water temperature in exactly the same way as you would with a conventional immersion probe. Moreover, the greater thermal conductivity of the sensor band should give a faster responsethan a conventional immersion probe, saving you time.
• The silicon compound gives rigidity to the sensor band as well as protecting the contacts behind the sensor. This gives excellent durability when using the probe to measure surface temperature.
The probe is available in both ‘K’ and ‘T’ thermocouple types (order code KS01-S & TS01-S) and is compatible with TME’s MM2000 range of handheld thermometersas well as TME’s new MM7000 range of Bluetooth Barcode thermometers. It is also compatible with any standard thermocouple thermometer with a mini-plug input.
The probe is priced at £65.00 plus vat with free on orders over £150.00.
Managing Director, Tom Sensier, says: “We are delighted with the success of this truly inventive probe, which is fast becoming the ‘probe of choice’ for many of our customers in the Legionella control industry. “
To place an order or for more information visit www.tmelectronics.co.uk or call the TME sales team on 01903 700651.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 30/03/2017 - TME Thermometers Announce New UK Trade Show Offers for 2017/2018
- 28/10/2016 - Fantastic follow-up for TME at Lunch! 2016
- 28/10/2016 - Legionella water testing – healthcare delegates applaud practicality
- 06/10/2016 - NEW hot and cold water temperature aids for legionella risk management
- 26/05/2016 - Wish You Could Have Your Cake and Eat It?
- 26/05/2016 - Think you can’t afford high performance food thermometers?
- 14/04/2016 - New Low Cost Temperature Testing Fights Food Bacteria
- 16/02/2016 - Colourful New Probes Fight Food Bacteria
- 10/12/2015 - NEW Thermometer with Integral Timer simplifies Legionella Water Tests
- 28/09/2015 - TME’s Legionella Temperature Range at IHEEM 2015
- 01/09/2015 - TME: Best-selling thermometers at Lunch!
- 28/07/2015 - Nuts to greenhouses – Smart testing solutions from TME
- 30/06/2015 - New efficient, sustainable temperature measurement solutions at IT Food Summit 2015
- 22/06/2015 - Top 5 Thermometer Buys for the Professional Kitchen
- 10/04/2015 - British thermometers catch the eye at Anuga FoodTec
- 16/03/2015 - New Generation ThermoBarScan offers instant feedback on temperature measurements
- 12/03/2015 - UK Thermometer Business celebrates 25 Years of Innovation at Anuga
- 12/03/2015 - Casual Dining visitors bowled over by barcode thermometers
- 23/01/2015 - TME Celebrate 25th Anniversary at Casual Dining 2015
- 20/06/2014 - School Thermometer Offers from TME at LACA 2014
- 16/05/2014 - New Temperature Logging System Steals the Limelight
- 25/04/2014 - Breaking News! 10% discount on all TM Electronics products at Hotelympia 2014!
- 07/04/2014 - New Temperature Technology Delivers the Best Results
- 03/04/2014 - TME Thermocouples comply with new BSI Standard
- 25/03/2014 - Free School Meals Plan - Special Offers on Catering Thermometers
- 04/03/2014 - TME Catering Thermometers at Hotelympia 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 04/03/2014 - New Food Kit gives start-ups a helping hand
- 04/03/2014 - TME reports 80% rise in online orders following launch of new website
- 30/01/2014 - TME Food Thermometers at FOODEX 2014 – Good Advice Guaranteed
- 21/11/2013 - New solution for cold/hot food monitoring saves time and hassle
- 19/08/2013 - Temperature measurement experts launch new solution for Cold/Hot Food Monitoring
- 19/08/2013 - Food Temperature Monitoring – Great New Ideas from TM Electronics
- 14/08/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – tackling the risk
- 21/05/2013 - Legionella experts launch new solution for difficult to access temperature points
- 25/03/2013 - Legionnaires’ disease – Hotels tackle the risk
- 15/03/2013 - TME show new catering thermometer range at Bournemouth Hotel & Catering Show
- 20/09/2012 - New Deal on Legionella Monitoring for LEA Schools
- 20/09/2012 - TME’s New Deal for Cost Sector Caterers
- 20/09/2012 - TME set to outrun the competition at this year’s Restaurant Show
- 10/07/2012 - Legionnaires’ disease – protecting schools and colleges
- 10/07/2012 - TME thermometers – faster than the competition
- 21/06/2012 - Streamlined Food Temperature Monitoring from TME
- 21/06/2012 - Temperature Hot Spots from TME
- 16/02/2012 - TME Thermometer Pollat Hotelympia 2012 - Win a £200 DEBENHAMS Shopping Spree
- 16/02/2012 - Waterproof and Fast- TME showcases improved Sous Vide Temperature Kit with ThermaSprint Technology at Hotelympia 2012
- 16/02/2012 - Preventing Legionnaires' Disease Help for Hotels & Guesthouses at Hotelympia 2012
- 16/02/2012 - Preventing Legionnaires Disease: Help for Care Homes
- 16/02/2012 - All the best connections from TME
- 12/01/2012 - From Goods Inwards to Dispatch– NEW ‘1 for all’ temperature system from TME
- 12/01/2012 - Rapid response, interchangeable temperature probes
- 05/01/2012 - Chefs in a hurry? Visit TME at Hotelympia 2012
- 05/01/2012 - Schools choose TME Kit for in-house testing
- 05/01/2012 - Bag yourself a Sous Vide Temperature Kit for just £135
- 04/01/2012 - New Year Offers from TME
- 01/06/2011 - Speciality meat probes from TM Electronics - MEATUP 2011 - Stand 515
- 01/06/2011 - TM Electronics (UK) Ltd is proud to support MEATUP 2011
- 28/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Facilities Managers
- 14/03/2011 - TME Recommends New Thermometer Range for Food Retailers
- 14/03/2011 - Protect your stock with TME’s New Cold Storage Temperature Kit
- 19/05/2010 - TME Exhibit New Bluetooth Barcode Thermometers at 2010 Facilities Show
- 05/02/2010 - Win a prize, bag a bargain, try before you buy at Hotelympia 2010
- 26/03/2009 - New Barcode Thermometer for Water Temperature Monitoring
- 22/07/2008 - Totting up the Temperature