Enviromental Hazards - Tripping Over Loose Cables
12 January 2012
According to Health and Safety statistics 25-30% of all accidents in the category of slips, falls and trips actually result from tripping.Thousands of accidents happen in the workplace resulting in a huge loss in productivity as well as precipitating expensive insurance claims and litigation. Millions of pounds are claimed in compensation every year by people involved in workplace related accidents.
Vulcascot, the cable protector specialists ever conscious of the problem of tripping particularly over loose cables have developed seven different cable protector systems to cater for most dangerous situations involving cables that have no alternative other than to cross open floors.
The Snap Fit range is low lying and discreet and ideal for office or internal applications and will safely cover cables and looms up to 30mm.
A recent addition to the Snap Fit range is Crysclear, a new concept in cable security as the two profiles are translucent and highly suitable for any type of indoor surfaces.
Whilst the Industrial range is renowned for it’s strength and durability it will also accept as many as 3 cables each 23mm in diameter in one single profile.
Where the requirement is for even greater covering capacity the TTC range which has enormous strength with thick yellow high visibility stripes along each side is particularly useful on construction sites where without protection cable or pipes up to 60mm can easily become buried under building debris. As it’s name suggests the Temporary Traffic Calming range will slow traffic and carry cables across road at the same time.
Vulcascot know of the hazards that can be caused by loose cabling and is committed to finding total solutions. Even the smallest telephone cable which for the sake of obscurity has to travel around the skirting can be covered using one of the six SnapTop mini cable protectors..
Ever conscious of environmental issues the Vulcascot team has ensured that the entire product range is halogen free, fire retardant and UV stabilised for extended out door life.
For any further technical or commercial information please contact
Vulcascot Cable Protectors Ltd
Tel. +44 (0) 208 777 2889
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/01/2014 - The Ultimate in Cable Protection - New Catalogue from Vulcascot
- 16/08/2013 - Vulcascot's New Look Web Site
- 17/05/2013 - New Hygienic Range of Cable Protectors from Vulcascot
- 12/04/2013 - Safety First and Second with Vulcascot Cable Protectors
- 18/01/2013 - Temporary Traffic Calmers Get Larger
- 07/01/2013 - New literature from Vulcascot the Cable Protector people
- 09/10/2012 - New Literature from Vulcascot the Cable Protector People
- 10/07/2012 - THE SAFEST CABLE PROTECTOR EVER
- 03/07/2012 - Vulcascot Covers up Field Events
- 15/06/2012 - The unique Vulcascot range of flexible indoor cable protectors
- 04/05/2012 - Number one at your next event……Vulcascot and cable safety
- 20/02/2012 - Vulcascot Cable Protectors Cover the World
- 02/02/2012 - A Soft Landing but Tripping is still Dangerous
- 02/02/2012 - World Wide Cable Security from Vulcascot
- 10/01/2012 - Vulcascot Giant Cable Protector
- 06/04/2010 - The safest cable protector in the world from Vulcascot
- 19/03/2010 - Don't trip up when an inspector calls
- 09/03/2010 - Vulcascot shipping laminates UK & world wide
- 08/03/2010 - Vulcascot launch Paxolin, low cost rigid insulation board
- 05/03/2010 - Vulcascot launch latex free cable protectors
- 04/03/2010 - Vulcamet, premier grade Aluminium composite sheet launched by Vulcascot
- 03/02/2010 - Temporary Traffic Calmers get larger protection for heavy duty cables & pipes
- 12/08/2009 - New thickness Foam PVC Sheet gives designers more flexibility
- 21/07/2009 - Vulcadur chemical resistant sheet is economical and easy to machine
- 08/06/2009 - Vulcascot launch HDCP1 heavy duty Cable Protector
- 06/05/2009 - Vulcascots' cable protection for heavy duty cables and pipes
- 02/04/2009 - Vulcascot expands work top range
- 27/03/2009 - Vulcascot Beaute cast Acrylic sheet
- 12/03/2009 - Vulcascot Hesaglas - the thinnest cast acrylic sheet
- 06/03/2009 - Vulcascot helps prevent construction site slip-ups
- 26/02/2009 - Vulcascots' miniature world of tiny Snap Top Cable Protectors
- 18/02/2009 - Vulcascot Reflections from Plastic Mirrors
- 16/02/2009 - Vulcascot Transformer Mounts - supporting Transformers around the world
- 16/02/2009 - Watch out - mind your step!
- 02/02/2009 - Vulcascot revamp Cablesafe
- 26/09/2008 - £64 Million Lost to People Tripping over at Work
- 26/09/2008 - Vulcascot Launch New Multi Compartment
- 23/09/2008 - New High Temperature Laminates from Vulcascot
- 09/09/2008 - Optima LED Cast Acrylic Sheet