ROLEC introduce user friendly ‘aluPLUS’ Diecast Enclosures
03 February 2012
Now available from ROLEC Enclosures, the new IP 66 ‘aluPLUS’ diecast enclosures have many sophisticated and user friendly design features built-in as standard. These make installation of the electronics and electrical components much easier than with traditional rectangular diecast housings.The ‘aluPLUS’ enclosures are specifically designed for modern industrial applications such as process control equipment, monitoring and detection systems, flow metering, industrial measuring devices and machine controllers.
Unlike the typical generic diecast enclosures on the market, ‘aluPLUS’ has a very modern external design which includes unique snap-on lid trims. These fit into the lid section and hide both the assembly and wall/panel mounting screws. Once fitted, the lid trims give the equipment a clean and modern appearance with no visible fixing screws. This also assists anti-tampering precautions.
With ‘aluPLUS’, it is no longer necessary to machine the lid to fit membrane keypads or polycarbonate labels, a 1.7 mm recessed area is already provided in the lid section as standard.
Also, external mounting brackets are no longer required as the enclosures can be mounted to a wall, panel or machine housing while still assembled. There is no need to remove the lid, thus avoiding any possible damage to the components or sealing gasket. The clip-on lid trims are simply snapped into place once the unit is mounted.
The ‘aluPLUS’ enclosures are rated to IP 66 as standard, but can also be specified to IP 67 and IP 69K with special factory fitted gaskets.
The enclosures are manufactured in diecast aluminium material GD AL Si 12 / DIN 1725 and powder painted in a fine textured light grey, RAL 7035.
The range is available four industry standard sizes: 122 x 120 x 82 mm, 220 x 120 x 82 mm, 160 x 160 x 90 mm and 260 x 160 x 90 mm. Other industry standard sizes are planned.
Screw bosses are provided in the base and lid sections for PCBs, mounting plates, earth connections and other components (screws included). Prices for the ‘aluPLUS’ start at £53.
Accessories include special lid fixing screws with integrated retaining straps. These keep the lid in situ during installation and servicing.
ROLEC offers a full customising service on these enclosures with CNC milling, drilling, silk-screen printing, assembly of cable glands and terminals and much more, providing a fully finished housing ready for fitting the equipment.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/02/2018 - ROLEC technoBOX IP 66 Enclosures Now In 10 Sizes
- 08/11/2017 - ROLEC aluPLUS Aluminium Enclosures Now In Eight Sizes
- 16/08/2017 - New Holding Bracket For ROLEC mobilCASE Handheld Enclosures
- 11/07/2017 - ROLEC technoPLUS Cases Now Rated IP 69K For Jet Wash Protection
- 11/04/2017 - ROLEC’s New multiPANEL Designer Command/Display Enclosures
- 15/10/2015 - New Customisation Options For ROLEC’s aluDISPLAY Controller Enclosures
- 17/08/2015 - ROLEC’s New aluSMART Aluminium Electronic Enclosures Offer Added Security
- 11/06/2015 - ROLEC inoCASE Enclosures Now Available In High Performance V4A Stainless Steel
- 16/04/2015 - Elegant New profiPLUS Suspension Arms From ROLEC
- 16/02/2015 - Pole Mount Enclosures Now Available From ROLEC
- 04/12/2014 - New inoCASE and inoCASEmini – ROLEC’s First Stainless Steel Electronic Enclosures
- 27/10/2014 - ROLEC Extends starCASE IP 66 Electronic Enclosures Range
- 03/10/2014 - ROLEC Type R handCASE Enclosures For Larger Keypads
- 15/09/2014 - ROLEC Type R handCASE Enclosures for larger keypads
- 21/07/2014 - New ROLEC commandCASE Diecast Aluminium Enclosures
- 20/05/2014 - ROLEC Extends Its aluCASE Diecast Enclosures range
- 29/04/2014 - New aluSMART Enclosures with hidden mounting bracket from ROLEC Enclosures
- 24/03/2014 - New technoPLUS UV Stable IP66 Enclosures From ROLEC
- 21/06/2013 - IP67/IP69K Protection Class Upgrades For ROLEC Enclosures
- 23/01/2013 - ROLEC Extends The aluPLUS Diecast Enclosures Range
- 03/09/2012 - Extended range of extruded Handheld Enclosures from ROLEC
- 22/05/2012 - Extended range of Diecast Hand Held Enclosures from ROLEC
- 16/12/2011 - Custom ready diecast Aluminium Enclosures from ROLEC
- 16/12/2011 - The first round diecast Enclosures for industrial equipment from ROLEC
- 16/12/2011 - ‘aluPLUS’ – the new industry standard Diecast Enclosures from ROLEC