Datashred predict shredding boom for 2012
07 February 2012
Following a £1.2m investment in state-of-the-art shredding equipment to service an increased client base, 2012 looks set to be a boom year for £33million turnover confidential shredding company, PHS Datashred.The business has installed state of the art machinery in their Manchester and London depots as well as four new MDX – 1GT, mobile shredding vehicles, the first to be used outside of the USA and Canada. These vehicles have significantly increased volumes of data destruction and helped the company win a contract with Central Government.
In 2011 PHS Datashred started working with many high profile clients including Barclays Bank, Rothchilds and various Government departments.
Commercial Director of PHS Datashred and chairman of the information destruction section of the BSIA, Anthony Pearlgood;
“This is an exciting time for PHS Datashred. We’re developing the technological capabilities of the business so we can offer customers the most thorough service possible. This year we’re aiming to increase our nationwide client portfolio even further, whilst being more environmentally responsible and offering a quicker service on site.”
PHS Datashred is committed to offering customers improved services and recently enhanced its fleet of mobile shredding trucks with on-board hard drive crushers. The service will make the shredding process more thorough and convenient. The vehicle is capable of shredding paper twice as fast as standard mobile shredders and destroys three tonnes of paper per hour. This increased efficiency means lower vehicle emissions and a faster service.
The company has also invested £1m across the Crayford and Manchester depots to develop their in house shredders. Manchester’s shredder can now shred up to three tonnes per hour, whilst Crayford’s can destroy 12 tonnes; that’s an increase in capacity of roughly 18,000 tonnes per annum.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/09/2012 - PHS Datashred awarded prestigious customer service accreditation
- 05/09/2012 - PHS Datashred on track for Whizz Kidz
- 03/09/2012 - PHS Datashred scoop national recycling award
- 07/02/2012 - Datashred warns data dumping businesses
- 07/02/2012 - Datashred halts Jigsaw fraudsters - do you?
- 07/02/2012 - Employee annoyances
- 13/12/2011 - PHS Datashred’s expansion plans
- 08/12/2011 - Ward Hadaway looks to PHS Datashred for confidential waste disposal
- 28/11/2011 - The rules of reporting of data disclosures
- 28/11/2011 - London businesses must clean up data dumping act
- 02/06/2011 - PAS 141 gets warm welcome from confidential data experts
- 02/06/2011 - Datashred can help public sector in wake of data protection warning
- 02/06/2011 - Datashred asks, are you sure your data is secure?