David Bailey’s reputation reaches Afghanistan
08 February 2012
David Bailey Furniture Systems’ reputation as a respected supplier of competitively priced, high quality fitted furniture traversed 3,500 miles when they were selected to provide hospital furniture for a nurse station in Afghanistan.The 8 metres x 1 metre nurses’ station was to be installed into a 40-bed hospital ward, which was part of the new extension of the UK Ministry of Defence’s (MOD) medical treatment facility at the main British military base in Afghanistan. The hospital provides a high level of first line care to NATO (primarily British and American) soldiers injured on the battlefield, prior to repatriation or return to duties.
G3 Systems Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. designed, delivered and built the original UK military hospital in Afghanistan several years earlier and won the contract to extend its facilities to include the nurses’ station and a pathology laboratory.
The facilities were required to be built to UK Standards, conforming to all relevant HTMs, Building Regulations and British/European specifications. For this reason, G3 Systems Ltd chose David Bailey to provide the hospital’s nurses’ station after they were recommended for the job by subcontract designer Such, Salinger and Peters.
The requirement was to design and dry assemble a 5 metre long by 1.5 metre deep two-shelf nurses’ station in matching colours with the existing hospital furniture.
G3 Systems Ltd’s Business Development Manager, Paul Holt, said: “This contract focused on developing and supporting primary healthcare and pathology lab facilities. David Bailey was chosen to provide specific items of fitted hospital furniture as they offered the best combination of quality and price.
“The station was provided well packaged and was sent by air to Afghanistan. The material was temporarily stored on site in an air-conditioned ISO container to prevent delamination or spoiling.
“The team of carpenters on site found the station very easy to assemble and to fit ancillary equipment such as task lighting and power outlets. The client was most pleased that G3 Systems had chosen a proprietary product from a respected supplier, rather than opting for a local fabrication. The service provided by David Bailey was excellent.”
Trevor Gillman, Managing Director of David Bailey Furniture Systems, said: “This overseas furniture installation project was very important to us, as the hospital furniture we supplied is really going to make a difference to the quality of care provided to wounded soldiers in Afghanistan.”
For further information visit www.davidbaileyfurniture.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/04/2014 - Hospital Furniture Manufacturer Launches New Responsive Website
- 11/04/2014 - Bailey Furniture Systems completes £48,000 Hertfordshire faith school refurbishment
- 11/04/2014 - Vet chain gets the David Bailey treatment
- 17/12/2013 - School library furniture that inspires learning
- 03/09/2013 - David Bailey fits out Maternity Ward where Prince George was born
- 23/07/2013 - David Bailey completes two new hospital furniture contracts with Kier Construction
- 29/05/2013 - Top marks for Claycots Primary School’s fitted furniture
- 29/05/2013 - David Bailey Furniture’s perfect delivery
- 10/12/2012 - David Bailey’s ‘first’ as convent school furniture supplier
- 06/11/2012 - It’s time for standardisation of healthcare building design
- 06/11/2012 - Compulsory school cooking lessons: the solution to childhood obesity?
- 08/10/2012 - Safety in the classroom
- 13/08/2012 - Fitting furniture for school refurb and redevelopment
- 03/07/2012 - David Bailey wins £1 million fitted hospital furniture contract for new development
- 10/04/2012 - Sovereign HarbourGPs give thumbs up to new Medical Centre furniture
- 10/04/2012 - Celebrating 30 years as UK fitted furniture manufacturers
- 05/04/2012 - Sovereign Harbour GPS give thumbs up to new Medical Centre Furniture
- 05/04/2012 - Celebrating 30 Years as UK Fitted Furniture Manufacturer
- 02/11/2011 - Take a Virtual Tour of David Bailey's Education Furniture
- 27/07/2011 - NHS recommends David Bailey for sexual health clinic refurbishment
- 23/06/2011 - David Bailey to aid wounded troops in Afghanistan
- 28/04/2011 - David Bailey Furniture stars in ITV Medical Drama
- 07/02/2011 - New child-safe hinge for school furniture
- 06/12/2010 - FOR PETS IN NEED OF VETERINARY FURNITURE
- 14/09/2010 - David Bailey offers veterinary furniture direct
- 23/07/2010 - Medical furniture manufacturer refurbishes new dental college
- 23/12/2009 - David Bailey provides new Technology College furniture
- 25/11/2009 - David Baileys' double Hospital refurbishment in Channel Islands
- 04/11/2009 - David Bailey sentenced to Prison furniture refurbishment
- 27/08/2009 - St. Helier Hospital gets the David Bailey treatment
- 03/08/2009 - David Bailey launches new website
- 11/05/2009 - Healthy growth means expansion for David Bailey
- 15/04/2009 - David Bailey refurbishment at Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 25/03/2009 - Special School furniture installation approved by Head Teacher
- 16/01/2009 - Specialist Educational Furniture specified for Primary and Secondary School installation
- 16/12/2008 - Primary School gets Safety Make Over
- 09/10/2008 - Queen Alexandra Hospital gets the David Bailey
- 02/06/2008 - Furniture manufacturer takes giant step to reduce Carbon Footprint
- 02/06/2008 - Healthline furniture fits out new Oncology unit
- 02/06/2008 - A painfree installation for St Thomas' Hospital