Is Drive in Pallet Racking right for your Warehouse?
09 March 2012
With many different types of pallet racking system available on the market it can be difficult deciding which system is right for you.Here is a little background on how a Drive In pallet racking system works, for more information you can always rely on our pallet racking consultants who provide a full explanation on site and a proposals based on your requirements if this description is not adequate.
A Drive in pallet racking system utilises 60-80% more warehouse space than a standard adjustable pallet racking system, by removing the need for feed corridors. Ideal if you have a large number of pallets that need storing in a small warehouse area.
Drive in Pallet Racking is designed for pallets which are slow moving or have a long storage history where accessibility is not an important factor. Such as in cold stores or where products are transported in batches.
Drive In racking is a L.I.F.O system which stands for Last In First Out, this means the first pallets added to the racking go right to the back, these cannot be accessed until the front pallets have been removed.
During Installation M R S Storage Solutions Ltd installers understand uniformity is essential, each rack is individually levelled and lined up to make sure the entire system is level.
Each row of racking consists of support bars connected to the rack which the pallets sit on, these bars are designed to take specific sized pallets of a certain weight. Pallets are stacked from the bottom up, first the ground floor pallet up to the top followed by the next row.
Each aisle is a little larger than the pallet size, as a result guide rail is installed to ensure the fork lift or reach truck does not touch the racking system and potentially damage it. Guide rail is usually made from 10mm steel or installed as a wire guidance system .
Drive In Racking is ideal when maximising potential storage locations on a pallet location based budget.
If you would like more information on pallet racking systems please visit the racking section of our website.
To take advantage of our FREE quotation and site survey service please CONTACT US ON 0800 876 6760.
At M R S Storage Solutions ltd we always promise to provide the best quality and most appropriate pallet racking systems to fit your needs. We have extremely experienced project managers who provide excellent advice, a knowledge in racking is not required, we simply try to provide a little about our racking so you may feel a little at ease about the racking systems available.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 29/11/2012 - Save Big on Industrial Mezzanine Floors this Christmas
- 29/11/2012 - Clear Savings on High Quality Demountable Glazed Partitions
- 29/11/2012 - Big Savings this Christmas on pallet racking systems.
- 29/11/2012 - The M R S Christmas Bonanza
- 29/11/2012 - Cantilever Racking Projects in North East England
- 06/09/2012 - Multi-Tier Racking Solutions – go up, up and away!!
- 06/09/2012 - Providing even more UK pallet racking options
- 13/08/2012 - Office Shelving Solutions - Boring but practical and cheap
- 28/06/2012 - M R S Storage Solutions Go Global..... Ish!
- 13/06/2012 - Wrap around racking safety.
- 13/06/2012 - UK Cantilever Racking Systems – Awkward, heavy and long loads
- 13/06/2012 - Turnkey Fire Rated Storage Mezzanine Floors
- 16/05/2012 - Safe Warehouse Walkways with our Racking Anti-Collapse Mesh
- 16/05/2012 - ISO 9001:2008 Beware The Fakers!!!
- 14/05/2012 - The New & Improved M R S Storage Solutions Office Fit Out Service
- 14/05/2012 - Office Fit-Outs & UK Manufactured Furnishings – High Quality at Low Costs
- 23/04/2012 - Great value for money mezzanine floors in 3 weeks!
- 29/03/2012 - High Quality Cost Effective UK made Storage Solutions
- 29/03/2012 - Benefits of Relocatable Partitions for Office Tenants
- 27/03/2012 - The M R S Storage Solutions Ltd Scrappage Scheme
- 27/03/2012 - Relocatable Glass Partitions – M R S Storage Solutions Ltd
- 27/03/2012 - North East Warehouse Design Services
- 27/03/2012 - North East Industrial Office Mezzanine Floors
- 27/03/2012 - Mezzanine Floor Safety Checks
- 27/03/2012 - North East Mezzanine Floor Removals
- 22/03/2012 - Retail Suspended Ceilings in North East England.
- 22/03/2012 - Pallet Racking Guidance by M R S Storage Solutions Ltd
- 22/03/2012 - Need to Double your Industrial Storage Space Quickly?
- 22/03/2012 - M R S Storage Solutions Ltd set the highest standard.
- 22/03/2012 - Looking For Quality Office Partitions in Northern England or Scotland ?
- 22/03/2012 - Leaving Ceilings in Suspense around the UK
- 22/03/2012 - Keeping your warehouse safe, for less than you may think
- 09/03/2012 - Industrial Shelving in Tyne and Wear and Cleveland, North East England
- 09/03/2012 - Extend the height of your racking without replacing.
- 09/03/2012 - All in a day’s work – Cost Effective Industrial Warehouse Mesh Partitions
- 09/03/2012 - M R S Storage Solutions Ltd - Archive Racking Systems in the UK.
- 09/03/2012 - Anti-Collapse your warehouse with M R S Storage Solutions Ltd
- 09/03/2012 - A Wheelie Good Office Mezzanine Floor in South East England
- 09/03/2012 - A Perfect Example of Industrial Partitions - UK