UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
20 March 2012
Learn how m+p international uses UEI’s PowerDNA Cubes in remote monitoring of piping systems in a power plantPiping in nuclear power plants is exposed to severe environmental conditions. For safety rating it is mandatory to inspect the piping systems thoroughly. However, inspection of piping systems in nuclear power plants is not easy in practice because of their length and the radioactive environment.
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power have selected m+p international’s Coda data acquisition system for remote piping monitoring in real-time at their Wolsong Power Plant in Gyeongju, South Korea. The Coda system measures the static and dynamic data of all steel pipes throughout the plant. The networked monitoring system consists of the Coda acquisition software installed on a standard PC and DAQ instruments which are located directly at the pipes.
The DAQ instruments at the pipes are Ethernet-based cube I/O chassis from United Electronic Industries. These very compact and rugged instruments are compatible with a wide variety of I/O boards for voltage input, current input, thermocouples, strain gauges, RVDT/LVDT, digital I/O, counter, etc.
Contact Sarsen Technology, UEI’s representative in the UK, on +44 1672 511166 for more information.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...