Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
21 March 2012
UEILogger 600 Cube supporting a major manufacturer of industrial trucks, providing a compact, rugged DC powered logger that can not only monitor the analog and digital inputs normally associated with data logging, but can also monitor and log information from CAN-bus devices, RS-232 interfaces and GPS position and velocity data.A major manufacturer of industrial trucks needed to build a data logger into each of their vehicles in order to monitor a wide variety of systems within the vehicles.
The UEILogger is the perfect solution. Not only does it provide the environmental (tested: -40° to 85°C), and physical ruggedness (50 g shock, 5 g vibration) required, the ability to select the I/O configuration from the wide variety of analog, digital, counter/timer, Serial, CAN and GPS interfaces ensures the logger can be configured to exactly match the requirement of the particular vehicle.
The logger also needs to be easily configured with different I/O configurations as many vehicles have unique I/O requirements. Once the data logging application is competed, data may be downloaded in two ways, depending on the usage of the truck. Data from trucks that return to main garage is obtained by simply removing the SD card from the logger, and copying the data into a PC for further analysis and archiving.
Trucks that remain in the field represented a different problem as it was prohibitively expensive to retrieve the physical SD card after each session. These vehicles were outfitted with CDMA-based high speed Cell Network interfaces. At the end of the session, the data can be downloaded by any host computer with access to the internet.
All United Electronic Industries products are developed, manufactured and supported in the United States. UEI is represented in the UK and Ireland by Sarsen Technology Ltd. Please visit www.sarsen.net for more details.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 28/03/2012 - New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...