New EPIC format "Iguana" SBC with Intel Atom processor
28 March 2012
VersaLogic Corp., an Oregon-based embedded computer company, have announced the 'Iguana' - a low-power / high-performance EPIC™ format single board computer (SBC) featuring extensive on-board I/O.Based on the industry-standard EPIC form factor (4.5 x 6.5 inches), this SBC is an excellent solution for embedded applications with substantial I/O requirements. A PC/104-Plus™ expansion site provides plug-in access to a wide variety of expansion modules from numerous vendors.
Using Intel® Atom™ D525 and Atom D425 processors, the Iguana provides high-performance single or dual-core processing with low power requirements (9W to 12W typical). Enhanced low-power states allow designers to further minimize overall power consumption.
The Iguana is compatible with a variety of popular x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX. “The Iguana was designed as a full-featured SBC for challenging environments,” said Len Crane, President of VersaLogic. “With 1.8 GHz versions that are single or dual core, fanless or fanned, standard or industrial temp., and lots of on-board I/O, this is a rugged workhorse board.”
The Iguana features on-board data acquisition ports including include sixteen digital I/O lines eight analog inputs and four analog outputs. System I/O includes dual Gigabit Ethernet with network boot capability, six USB host ports, up to 2 GB DDR3 RAM, four serial ports, SATA interface with support for two devices, and HD audio. Removable flash storage is provided via CompactFlash socket, eUSB interface, and a PCI Express Mini Card socket. The PCI Express Mini Card socket also accommodates plug-in Wi-Fi modems, GPS receivers, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet channels, and other mini expansion cards.
This new product is RoHS compliant, manufactured to IPC-A-610 Class 2 standards, and includes VersaLogic's 5+ year production life guarantee. The Iguana SBC will be available from stock starting in May of 2012. Contact email@example.com or visit www.sarsen.net for more information.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 12/04/2018 - BittWare Announces SmartNIC Shell for 100G NICs
- 12/04/2018 - X-ES Introduces XPedite2570 3U VPX Xilinx UltraScale FPGA Module
- 05/01/2017 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes New Sales Engineer to the Team
- 05/01/2017 - X-ES Releases XChange3021 - Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet & PCI Express Gen3 Switch with Superior Performance
- 01/12/2016 - VersaLogic Releases 'Raven' - Embedded SFF Computer based on Intel Bay Trail Processor
- 01/12/2016 - BittWare Ships First FPGA Boards Based on the 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
- 26/02/2014 - Sarsen Technology Welcomes Alberto González Bassett to the Team
- 19/02/2014 - Visit DAVE Embedded Systems at Embedded World 2014
- 18/06/2013 - UEI Announces FLATRACK™ 1U DAQ / Embedded Control Platform
- 06/03/2013 - New COM Express Mini CPU Module with Intel Atom E6x0T processor from VersaLogic
- 16/01/2013 - BittWare Announces Special Pricing for Altera Stratix® V FPGA PCIe Board for OpenCL Development
- 21/12/2012 - BittWare Launches new improved website
- 10/12/2012 - Sarsen Technology Christmas Opening Hours
- 19/11/2012 - Polybus Integrates it's QDR Infiniband IP cores onto BittWare's Stratix V FPGA PCIe hardware
- 06/11/2012 - X-ES introduces the XPand6104 Small Form Factor COM Express system
- 17/10/2012 - Now Available – The new Stratix® V 6U OpenVPX COTS FPGA Board from BittWare
- 11/10/2012 - XPedite5650 - World’s Smallest, Highest Performance Rugged COM Express Module
- 09/10/2012 - StreamStor Technology for the World of High-Speed Digital Data
- 28/09/2012 - New Intel® Core™ i7 CompactPCI Board from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
- 27/09/2012 - X-ES Freescale™ QorIQ™ Single Board Computers deploy Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178B Time-Variant Unified Multi-Processing Operating System
- 09/08/2012 - And Now For Something Completely Different from VersaLogic
- 09/08/2012 - Wind Turbine Monitoring & Control with United Electronic Industries
- 30/07/2012 - Embedded Systems for Medical Applications from Sarsen Technology Ltd
- 06/07/2012 - Condor 3000x-cc - Rugged Conduction Cooled XMC Card from Tech Source
- 26/06/2012 - The XCalibur1600 from Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- 21/06/2012 - Sarsen Technology present iPad3 to Competition Winner
- 24/05/2012 - X-ES Recognised by Lockheed Martin as Outstanding Business Partner
- 23/04/2012 - Sarsen Technology support UEI at ITEC 2012
- 26/03/2012 - It's not all about 'Flight' Simulators you know.....
- 21/03/2012 - Data Logging in Heavy, Off-road Trucks - UEI offer the perfect solution!
- 20/03/2012 - UEI Cube used for nuclear power plant pipe monitoring
- 20/03/2012 - Sarsen Technology sponsor MAE 2012
- 12/03/2012 - VersaLogic Wildcat. At the top of the PCI-104 technology tree...