Norbar scoops two major business awards
04 April 2012
Banbury based Norbar Torque Tools has achieved major recognition in the Cherwell Business Awards for 2012, receiving both the ultimate prize as Business of the Year 2012 and the Staff Care and Training Award for the motivation and support of its employees.Norbar is a family run company and the world’s leading specialist in the design, development and production of torque tightening and measuring equipment. There are Norbar sales companies in Australia, China, India, New Zealand, Singapore and the USA, but manufacturing is carried out solely in Banbury, where Norbar has been established since the 1940s.
The Cherwell Business Awards are an important annual celebration of business excellence, organised by Cherwell District Council, the Chambers of Commerce for Banbury and Bicester, Bicester Vision and Spratt Endicott. Sponsors represent a range of key business and professional organisations in this area of North Oxfordshire.
• The Staff Care & Training Award is sponsored by Oxford and Cherwell Valley College, a leading regional further education training provider, and entrants were judged on aspects such as in-house training, staff motivation and development and support for staff seeking to learn outside the workplace.
• The Business of the Year Award is not a separate entry but was decided on by the event sponsors from the finalists of the other awards. Criteria included all-round achievement, a clear vision for the future, success against objectives and sustained growth.
These attributes have been very much part of the Norbar success story and the company sees its future as strongly committed to Banbury, where it is soon to move to new larger premises to meet the demands of its expanded production.
The awards were presented at a Gala Dinner on Friday 30th March 2012 at the John Paul II Centre in Bicester. Norbar and other finalists for the Cherwell Business Awards have been automatically entered into the county-wide Oxfordshire Business Awards that take place in June 2012.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 22/03/2012 - Norbar moves to expand
- 12/03/2012 - Apprentice open evening breaks all Norbar records
- 25/01/2012 - Successful launch for Norbar in India
- 12/01/2012 - Norbar launch Trutorque™ Screwdrivers
- 23/11/2011 - Norbar to open up in India
- 01/11/2011 - Management moves at Norbar
- 06/10/2011 - New Multi-channel Lubro air pressure regulator from Norbar
- 31/08/2011 - Norbar launch Torque Extention App
- 12/08/2011 - USM-3 Ultrasonic Bolt Meter from Norbar provides real time measurement capabilities
- 02/08/2011 - Norbar extends non-magnetic Torque Wrench range
- 19/05/2011 - Norbar launch Hydraulic Wrench Testers
- 31/03/2011 - Testing time for Torque Screwdrivers
- 28/02/2011 - Norbars' Canteen is Platinum plated
- 17/02/2011 - Norbar donates £5,000 to Rugby club
- 07/01/2011 - Norbar launch Torque App for Android and iPhone
- 29/10/2010 - Non magnetic Torque Wrench from Norbar proves invaluable for medical equipment maintenance
- 25/10/2010 - Norbar to exhibit TrukTorque™ at Euro Bus Expo
- 06/10/2010 - Norbar TrukTorque™ shaped for success
- 14/06/2010 - Ultrasonic Moscow Gold for Norbar
- 03/06/2010 - HSE confirms Norbar Multipliers' good vibrations
- 07/05/2010 - Norbar add new torque wrench testers to TruCheck™ range
- 06/05/2010 - Norbar expertise recognised by UKAS
- 05/05/2010 - Norbar open evening encourages engineers of the future
- 25/08/2009 - Norbar leads the way to effective torque data management
- 02/07/2009 - Queens Award as Norbar tightens grip on export
- 17/04/2009 - Power tool test fixture reduces ‘tool downtime’ and servicing costs
- 19/03/2009 - New torque wrench raises the standard
- 09/12/2008 - Safety for Heavy Industry Testing Equipment
- 04/08/2008 - The Measure of Tension
- 11/06/2008 - High accuracy torque multiplier for wet valve application
- 11/06/2008 - Extended Pneumatic Torque Wrench range features new gearbox design
- 20/02/2008 - Robust, accurate new Torque Wrench raises the standard
- 04/12/2007 - Norbar ramps up production with new CNC Hobbing machine
- 26/10/2007 - Beware of "white finger" litigation
- 26/10/2007 - Team Norbar takes the title
- 05/09/2007 - No chequered flag without the check
- 01/05/2007 - Torque Tools brave Mozambique deluge on gas pipeline
- 01/03/2007 - New torque tool makes a splash in offshore