MPS - the multi-purpose Laser Workstation from Rofin
18 April 2012
The new Modular Processing System (MPS) from Rofin Baasel, is a medium-sized, multi-purpose workstation suitable for a vast range of automated laser material processing applications.The new MPS from Rofin-Baasel has been designed as an all-in-one system incorporating laser sources, motion modules and control units, all in a single compact housing. This flexible, modular concept, enables the system to be configured for a variety of applications including cutting, drilling, structuring and weklding.
Choice of Motion Systems and Laser Sources
Four different motion systems are available ranging from the basic module, with a single Z axis, up to a high-precision granite setup featuring a cross table with linear servo driven axes and ±1 micron repeat accuracy. Each solution can be combined with either fixed optics or galvo scanners. At the heart of this highly flexible system is a high performance CNC / PLC controller.
The MPS also allows integration of a wide choice of Rofin laser sources comprising of femto lasers, fiber lasers, pulsed solid state lasers and diode lasers. Laser control software is accessible via the integral 17” colour touch screen display.
The working chamber offers enough room for large work-pieces and clamping units and is accessed via a large pneumatically operated door.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 20/06/2012 - Rofins' Scanner Welding System has 9 selectable axes
- 24/05/2012 - Sales top 100 for Rofin’s latest Performance Laser
- 18/04/2012 - Rofin Performance Laser is the experts choice
- 10/04/2012 - Fast track Laser Welding from Rofin
- 10/04/2012 - Lasers make light work of medical plastics
- 04/04/2012 - Laser welding plastics in medical device manufacturing
- 03/04/2012 - Laser welding - a key manufacturing process
- 30/03/2012 - Laser graphics enhance Titanium bike finish
- 30/03/2012 - LASAG goes 'green' to weld Copper
- 29/03/2012 - Fort Vale Engineering has laser marking covered
- 28/03/2012 - Laser Marker is a star performer for Dentafix
- 27/03/2012 - Freedom of expression inspired by light
- 16/04/2010 - Rofin Laser Fine Tuned For TFT Production
- 19/08/2008 - Solid Laser Marking Platform