The Sports and Play Construction Association, SAPCA is the UK trade association for the sports and play construction industry, representing specialist constructors, manufacturers and suppliers of sports surfacing and play equipment. SAPCA plays an important role in sports surfaces and related sport and play industry, promoting high standards for sports facilities.
With an annual investment in the sports construction and play facilities of over £100 million, the UK sports construction market is one of the largest in the world. The majority of these projects are built by members of SAPCA. Our aim is
- To encourage the use of new technology in the design and construction of sports facilities.
- To liaise closely with the governing bodies of sport, both nationally and internationally.
- To participate fully in the development of British, European and other Standards for the performance of sports facilities, for all levels of play.
- To promote high standards of design, construction and workmanship within the sports and play industry.
- To provide a strong voice for the sports construction industry in the UK.
- To support training and education for the industry's workforce, in co-operation with SPRITO, the industry's National Training Organisation.
Pitch & Track Registration Scheme
A newly refurbished or resurfaced synthetic turf pitch is a great investment for facility owners so they need to be built to the highest levels of construction and workmanship. That is why SAPCA introduced the pitch and track registration scheme.
The pitch and track registration scheme is designed to ensure the quality levels of SAPCA members building. The synthetic turf pitch and athletics track has a quality assurance that is only available from SAPCA.
Benefits of the Pitch & Track Registration Scheme from SAPCA
- Complaint Resolution Service
- Ensures Installation Complies With Codes Of Practice
- Members All Meet Strict Criteria
- Promotes Construction Quality
- Site Inspections During Construction
- Supports High Standards Of Customer Service
- Technical Advice And Guidance