LG Motion and Airex Corporation set up integration partner agreement for industry leading linear servo motors and precision actuators
10 July 2014
LG Motion Limited has recently set up a distribution agreement with the USA-based Airex Corporation to sell and integrate its innovative range of linear motors, linear positioning actuators, rotary motors and voice coils.Perfectly complementing LG Motion’s expertise in motion system design and integration, the Airex range includes patented and distinctive characteristics that enable the high levels of dynamic performance that is called for in demanding motion control applications such as semiconductor manufacture, imaging & photonics, aerospace & undersea, medical, life sciences and military equipment.
Airex Ironless ‘zero cogging’ Linear Motors boast the highest motor constant in any similar volume of motor for industry-best response and settle and times as well as exceptional control characteristics. These motors are built into the cleverly designed modular P3 series linear positioning actuators - featuring a single linear motion guide bearing system, a choice of optical or magnetic encoder feedback and travel range from 125 mm up to 1 metre. This direct-drive ‘plug and play’ actuators offer high stiffness and zero cogging along with all the benefits of linear servo motion which includes backlash free performance and extremely long working life with very low maintenance. The P3 will sit very well with LG Motion’s range of servo drives and motion controls as a very cost competitive choice for precision positioning where smooth motion combined with rapid move and settle times are prerequisites for high throughput production machinery and test equipment applications.
LG Motion will market the Airex range as individual linear and rotary servo motor components, as complete actuator solutions, or integrated into custom positioning systems. Particularly for systems solutions, the Airex range is a perfect fit for the Polaris™ distributed and deterministic motion control platform product range from Precision MicroDynamics Inc. (PMDi) that LG Motion also represents. This highly advanced distributed and deterministic motion control platform allows automated machinery manufacturers the capability for nanosecond level motion and machine synchronisation and includes robotic kinematic transforms and complex contoured motion for up to 124 axes. Comprising motion controllers, advanced servo drives and I/O modules, Polaris features full 64-bit double floating point calculations for extremely high levels of positioning accuracy and exceptionally fast servo feedback rates.
With its comprehensive capability for in-house design and production, and with its own range of linear, rotary and vertical elevation stages, LG Motion works with a select group of global distribution partners for motion controls, automation components and positioning mechanics. LG Motion provides its customers - OEMs, end users and research organisations - with the enabling motion control and mechanical positioning system solutions that they need to prosper in their own specialist technological area.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 23/07/2018 - Cutting edge motion control solutions from LG Motion for science and technology applications
- 23/07/2018 - Imperial College London develops sophisticated drone test rig arena powered by LG Motion
- 18/07/2018 - LG Motion’s positioning system enables automated thermal mapping for Sensor Coating Systems
- 07/11/2014 - Medical inspection system integration for Oxford MEStar: LG Motion’s design & build capability helps Oxford University spin-out meet tight delivery target
- 30/09/2014 - Show Preview- Engineering Design Show
- 26/09/2014 - LG Motion Ltd supply actuator & motion control for Team Bath tyre test rig
- 11/09/2012 - LG Motion to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 27/03/2012 - LG supply custom built positioners & stages for new Aardman 3D movie
- 17/02/2012 - LG Motion at Drives & Controls
- 08/02/2012 - LG appointed by Anorad
- 20/01/2012 - inrekor® sandwich panel technology uses LG Motion positioning gantry for plasma bonding process
- 02/06/2011 - LG Motion technology shaping the future for gene research equipment specialists
- 04/03/2010 - Heidenhain appoints LG Motion official Encoder distributor
- 15/02/2010 - Ultrasound test systems manufacturer gets LG Motion treatment
- 29/01/2010 - LG Motion gains two business awards
- 27/01/2010 - LG Motion launch new manual and motorised rotary table range
- 26/01/2010 - New manual & motorised precision positioning catalogue from LG Motion
- 25/01/2010 - LG Motions' custom positioning system for 280kg detectors
- 20/07/2009 - LG Motion in sync with Diamond Light Source
- 19/01/2009 - INSPIRE08 business awards for LG Motion Ltd