How Green Does Your Garden Grow
20 June 2018
Tips and Products to Keep Your Garden Looking Great This SummerWith the extended period of good weather coming not long after our peak season, we know there will be a lot of plants out there trying to establish in fairly challenging conditions. So we wanted to provide some advice and suggested products for newly planted hedging as well as established hedging to ensure that your hedges and gardens thrive through the warmer months.
Watering Advice During Hot Summer Months
Newly Planted Hedging
Water, water, water - if the weather has been hot, newly planted hedging of any type needs to establish its root system and bed in. The mistake often made is to presume that because the top layer of soil is wet, that the roots will be too. Carefully dig down a couple of inches near the plants to check how far the water has saturated - if it's not past this point, water more to reach the roots as until they are established they won't be efficient at drawing water from around and below and won't grow as well as a result.
Most established hedging will have a root system developed enough to draw ground water from below, but during hot weather, it may still need a helping hand. Water every few days or weekly to the base of the plant.
(Tip: water morning or evening to ensure least evaporation from the soil - take care however to water sufficiently but not to overwater, it's a fine line!)
To help ensure that your hedge establishes and thrives through the summer, we have a selection of planting, watering and fertilising products that will help support all root systems and promote healthy plant growth, new or established. Click below to see our range of 'Planting Essentials'.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/08/2019 - Pots and Planters
- 08/08/2019 - Lovely Laurels
- 29/07/2019 - Dress your garden with seasonal summer style for less!
- 28/06/2019 - Small But Perfect Summer Pots and
- 27/06/2019 - Buy Big Pots this Summer
- 18/06/2019 - No time to grow?
- 07/05/2019 - It's a new season and time for summer styling in your garden!
- 10/04/2019 - Bargain bundles are back! Don't miss out!
- 22/03/2019 - Mothers Day gifts to treasure forever!
- 22/03/2019 - Think outside the box this spring in your garden!
- 11/03/2019 - Super spring savings on hedging - Limited stock, Buy Now!
- 14/01/2019 - Bare Root Hedging - The Popular Choice!
- 17/12/2018 - Brand New Christmas Product Range!
- 17/07/2018 - Hottest Summer Styles From RHS Hampton Court 2018
- 24/05/2018 - Hedges Direct partners ITV’s ‘Love Your Garden’ for NHS 70th Anniversary Special.
- 22/05/2018 - Luscious Lavender is now in stock and it's stunning!
- 25/04/2018 - Get super discounted bare root hedging bundles!
- 22/03/2018 - Easter Delivery Schedule
- 12/03/2018 - New Look - Same Great Service!
- 08/02/2018 - Bare Root Season Is Here
- 24/01/2018 - January Special Offers on Bare Root Hedging
- 05/12/2017 - Bare Root Hedging Plants for The Winter and Festive Season
- 24/11/2017 - Gardening Essentials
- 23/11/2017 - It's black friday deals time
- 07/11/2017 - Get your bare roots delivered this month
- 31/10/2017 - Root balls now in stock - Order Today
- 27/10/2017 - Hedge & Hedging Plants from Hedges Direct