Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd Achieves Safe Contractor Award
07 December 2010
Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd is one of the latest group of successful companies to be awarded SAFEcontractor statusWith more than 150 major clients and almost 18,000 contractor members, SAFEcontractor is the fastest growing health and safety assessment scheme in the UK.
Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd is one of the latest group of successful companies to join a leading edge scheme, designed to help industry improve its safety record. The SAFEcontractor award is dedicated to promoting higher standards of competence and compliance through the provision of relevant industry specific and tailored health and safety assessments for all professions and sectors.
The SAFEcontractor programme allows customers to benchmark the company’s health and safety performance. Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd's application for accreditation was driven by the requirement for a uniform standard across the UK business and has been driven through by Clive Temple, South West Regional Manager on behalf of the company.
SAFEcontractor accreditation has been achieved following an assessment of Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd's Health and Safety documentation, and compared against the SAFEcontractor Charter Standards, which set out the Health & Safety standards required to achieve accreditation.
Keith Littler, Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd’s Managing Director commenting on the Award said, “Our major customers can no longer run the risk of employing contractors who are not able to prove that they have sound health and safety policies and I am confident that this Award will demonstrate and reinforce our already high standards.” He added, “Clive Temple’s work in driving this accreditation process forward further emphasised the hard work and dedication of the company’s staff in meeting safe working practices ” Many organisations now recognise the scheme and accept the certificate as confirmation of competency.
Employer-organisations who sign up to the scheme can also access the database of accredited contractors allowing them to vet potential contractors before they even set foot on site.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/07/2014 - Burtonwood Deliver Temporary Generator Set to Charity Event
- 26/06/2014 - Coping with that annoying power cut
- 15/05/2014 - Burtonwood gets HMS Astute off to a good start in Gibraltar
- 21/01/2014 - Burtonwood Gains NICEIC Approved Contractor Status
- 21/06/2013 - The 2013 Integral Cyclearoundabit Challenge...
- 20/05/2013 - Manchester Utd win record 20th league title
- 15/03/2013 - The BGSS Team. Here we go again!
- 11/02/2013 - Burtonwood break new ground at Data Centre World
- 08/11/2012 - Burtonwood strengthen position in Scotland
- 08/11/2012 - Burtonwood went the extra mile
- 07/11/2011 - Burtonwood Generators Powers United to Championship
- 01/11/2011 - Green Credentials for North West Generator & Switchgear Specialists
- 07/02/2011 - Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd Engineers Hit The Road In Sty
- 22/12/2010 - New Scania Engines Service Dealer Agreement
- 24/11/2010 - Burtonwood helps keep hospital power healthy
- 09/11/2010 - Burtonwood Generator & Switchgear Services Ltd reinforces presence in South West