L’Oreal Partners Connect 2 Cleanrooms to Grow Skincare Cosmetics Production in Egypt
04 February 2016
In a move to develop its cosmetic skin care production in Egypt, global leader in beauty products, L'Oreal, has partnered with UK modular cleanroom solutions provider, Connect 2 Cleanrooms, to create four new classified cleanroom environments.L’Oreal required cleanrooms to be built around existing production machinery, across ground floor and mezzanine locations, which Connect 2 Cleanrooms was able to provide through its modular cleanroom solutions and advanced in-house design capabilities.
The modular cleanrooms optimise energy consumption by creating localised clean environments on L’Oreal’s large factory floor. The cleanrooms are energy efficient to run as only the required space is converted to a clean environment. As they are easily extended, there is no limitation for future development.
All main cleanroom areas achieve particle counts according to ISO 14644-1 Class 7. To allow L’Oreal’s required classification of the transfer and change areas, they were fitted with ducting and extraction units to encourage the correct cascade of clean air flow.
Through site surveys, detailed CAD modelling and a close working relationship with L’Oreal, Connect 2 Cleanrooms successfully designed and installed cleanrooms to part and fully-enclose machinery - accommodating structural beams and bars both above and below the existing mezzanine level.
Due to the modular cleanroom construction and through careful design and planning, the installation around existing machinery caused minimum disruption and downtime for L’Oreal.
Anup Dutt, L’Oreal’s Plant Director, is thrilled with the cleanrooms and says “the opportunity to expand our cosmetics manufacturing portfolio to include cosmetic skin care products proved to be technically complicated given the Egyptian Ministry of Health regulations classifying such products as requiring pharmaceutical production standards and environments. Given that the factory was not designed to pharmaceutical standards we needed a customised, unique and economical solution to take advantage of this growth opportunity.
“Connect 2 Cleanrooms were very willing to understand our exact needs and were able to provide four modular soft wall cleanrooms to provide localised clean environments around the relevant existing equipment, in a very short time and with very little disruption to production during installation.
“The cleanrooms are perfectly integrated with the equipment, looking as though they were designed together with the equipment from the very beginning, and fully compliant with the required regulations. Connect 2 Cleanrooms’ strong technical expertise has allowed us to expand our business but it is their excellent customer service all throughout the project that has made them stand out as a supplier of choice for us.”
The two cleanrooms above and below the mezzanine level, are constructed in stainless steel to complement the existing structures and feature LED lighting to illuminate processes for operators working inside the cleanrooms.
The ground floor cleanroom has space for fork lift access, whilst the first floor cleanroom has space for a pallet of product to be lifted onto, with sliding wall panels to then enclose the pallet into a classified transfer area.
The cleanrooms create production environments with ISO 14644-1 classified air quality, controlling potentially harmful micro-organisms from contaminating product and have now been approved by the Egyptian Ministry of Health inspection committee.
More information on Connect 2 Cleanrooms’ modular cleanrooms can be found at www.connect2cleanrooms.com.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/11/2017 - Our Story (Part 2) – Develop, Establish, Grow (2007-2012)
- 14/11/2017 - Our Story (Part 1) – The Early Years (2002-2007)
- 07/11/2017 - 2 Brand new cleanrooms
- 12/10/2017 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Evolves Validations with Particles Plus Technology
- 26/07/2017 - Cleanroomshop.com Launches Customised Cleanroom Packing Service
- 20/07/2017 - Off-site Construction – The future of Cleanrooms
- 06/06/2017 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms support Preclinical and Clinical trials for ArterioSorb™
- 28/03/2017 - Successful apprentices offered permanent contracts at expanding Lancaster firm
- 17/03/2017 - The benefits of a clean environment in the Electronics Industry
- 28/02/2017 - Cleanroomshop.com adds Power Assisted Respirators to their extensive product range
- 31/01/2017 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Supports Solar Cell Research at Swansea University
- 18/01/2017 - What to consider when choosing a cleanroom biocide
- 22/11/2016 - Cleanroomshop.com launches Kimberly Clark range
- 20/10/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Announce Redeveloped Responsive Website
- 30/08/2016 - Uvex range launches at Cleanroomshop.com
- 04/07/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Named Employer of the Year
- 19/05/2016 - Height Adjustable Trespa Tables
- 16/05/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Exhibiting Clean Air Solutions at PDM Event 2016, UK
- 17/03/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Take Home a Double at the Red Rose Awards
- 15/02/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms - Coming to a Cinema near You
- 05/02/2016 - Customer Driven Cleanroom Innovation for Plastics Manufacturing
- 08/01/2016 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms exhibiting at Southern Manufacturing & Electronics 2016
- 05/03/2015 - Cleanroom Innovations Readers’ Choice Awards – Double Winners
- 05/02/2015 - The Secret to Delivering Competitive Advantage through Process Control
- 05/02/2015 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms, improving your choice in the fight against static
- 12/12/2014 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Celebrate Coveted Win at the BIBA Awards 2014 – E Business Award Winner
- 12/12/2014 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms Celebrate Amazing Double Win at the Red Rose Awards 2014
- 12/12/2014 - Airy Technology Inc. is proud to announce our partnership with Connect 2 Cleanrooms.
- 05/12/2014 - PRODUCTION LINE CLEAN AIR SOLUTION LAUNCHES TO INDUSTRY INTEREST
- 05/12/2014 - Connect 2 Cleanrooms introduce a modular pre-engineered version of the Puracore® cleanroom system to their modular cleanroom range