The importance of using pre & post wax products
26 August 2020
Why does it help to apply something to the skin if the wax is just going to take it right off again? More seasoned visitors to their beauty therapist may have a little bit more experience with the cleansers and oils used and the purpose of each. So to dispel any misinformation, we thought we would explain what each product is used for.Newbies to waxing might wonder why therapists apply nice smelling products to their skin before the waxing starts. Why does it help to apply something to the skin if the wax is just going to take it right off again? More seasoned visitors to their beauty therapist may have a little bit more experience with the cleansers and oils used and the purpose of each.
So to dispel any misinformation, we thought we would explain what each product is used for. We’ve also added a few tips on what to do before your wax to ensure the best results. The science behind it all The sebaceous glands within the human skin secrete an oily substance called sebum that makes the skin waterproof and supple, as well as making your hair soft and shiny.
The glands are part of the pilosebaceous unit, which consists of the hair follicle, hair shaft, and erector pili muscles – the tiny little muscles responsible for goosebumps. You may be thinking “This is interesting, but what does it have to do with my wax treatment?” Excellent question… The oil secreted by the sebaceous glands makes it harder for the wax to adhere to and remove the unwanted hair and this causes an uneven wax treatment. When this happens the therapist is forced to re-wax certain areas and runs the risk of removing some of your skin.
Do pre and post wax products make a difference? No one wants to experience more pain than necessary while waxing, and definitely not to end up with a patchy result that doesn’t last as long as it should. Your therapist wants to ensure great results, so they will likely make use of pre and post wax products. But what difference do these products really make? In short, pre waxing products are designed to cleanse and prepare the skin before the treatment – to make sure the oils of the skin and other elements (like make-up or lotions) don’t interfere with the working of the wax. After care products nourish and calm the irritated skin to ensure perfect results.
Do what you can to help 1. Don’t apply lotions on the day of the treatment. (Also avoid self-tan products, body sprays, and any other topical creams that are not relevant to the waxing process.) 2. Let your hair grow. Allowing the hair to grow for about 2-3 weeks before the treatment will give the wax better “grip”. 3. Avoid heat. Don’t tan, take a really hot bath or visit a sauna before a wax treatment as this will make the skin extra sensitive. 4. Exfoliate. Again, don’t do this on the day, but rather 24 hours earlier to ensure that you remove any dead skin cells. 5. Wear comfortable clothing. Tight clothing might irritate the waxed area. Try the Harley Waxing products • Harley Waxing 2 in 1 Cleaner and Toner Used specifically with strip wax treatments, this fragrant cleanser acts in two stages. First, gently cleansing the skin by emulsifying and removing any dirt and oil embedded in the skin and then, secondly, re-balances the PH level of the skin and tightening the pores. • Harley Waxing Pre-Waxing Oil Absolutely essential to any treatment with Harley Hot Wax, this lavender and Aloe Vera scented pre-waxing oil will ensure fantastic results every time. Since it improves the wax’s ability to adhere to the hair and not your skin, that not only means less redness and no ingrown hairs, but even the shortest hairs can’t escape! •
Harley Waxing 3 in 1 After Wax Lotion This product is ideal for calming the skin after a treatment with Harley hot wax or strip wax. The anti-bacterial properties of Tea Tree combined with the calming properties of lavender will leave your skin feeling conditioned and silky smooth. Only a small amount is massaged into the freshly waxed skin – it immediately gets to work, reducing any post-wax irritation. • Harley Waxing Aloe Soothing Gel The cooling and soothing properties of Aloe Vera makes the Harley Aloe Soothing Gel perfect for calming irritated skin after a wax treatment. And best of all? The Aloe Soothing Gel gently moisturises without leaving a greasy residue. Want to start using Harley products in your salon? Getting in touch with us is super easy.
Simply visit the Contact page on our website and submit a message, or give us a call. One of our friendly consultants will chat with, gather your details, process your order and before you know it, you will be part of the Harley family! Orders are consistently delivered within two working days and customer satisfaction is our highest priority.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/02/2024 - Harley Waxing Expands Global Presence with Three New International Distributors
- 21/09/2023 - Meet the Harley Waxing Team! Erna Maria Eiríksdóttir - Harley Waxing’s Iceland Distributor
- 05/09/2023 - Unleashing the Waxing Revolution: Harley Waxing and Zoey Horner Redefining the Industry in Ireland
- 15/08/2023 - Embrace the Winter Season with Confidence: Why Harley Waxing is the Perfect Pre-Winter Beauty Ritual
- 28/07/2023 - Unleashing the Waxing Revolution: Harley Waxing and Zoey Horner Redefining the Industry in Ireland
- 15/05/2023 - From The North to the South – Introducing Zoey Horner
- 13/04/2023 - Does Waxing Stop Hair Growth?
- 23/02/2023 - The Hair Growth Cycle and Waxing
- 13/10/2022 - Ingrown Hairs and How to Avoid Them
- 12/10/2022 - Can I Use a Sunbed After a Waxing Treatment?
- 11/10/2022 - Intimate Waxing – From The Brazilian To The Hollywood
- 14/06/2022 - How to Use Film Wax Most Effectively
- 16/05/2022 - 5 Tips for The Perfect Hollywood Wax
- 15/03/2022 - 7 reasons why you should only use Harley Wax!
- 10/01/2022 - FAQ's, Q&A's, It's' All Here
- 04/08/2021 - 5 Tips For Perfect Facial Hair Removal
- 04/08/2021 - 5 Tips For The Perfect Brazilian Wax
- 07/06/2021 - Summer Fruits Film Wax
- 02/06/2021 - Meet the Harley Waxing Team! Erna Maria Eiríksdóttir - Harley Waxing’s Iceland Distributor
- 21/01/2021 - Harley Ingrown Hair Solution
- 13/11/2020 - Harley Waxing Film Wax
- 02/09/2020 - Why Waxing Is The Best Option For You
- 02/09/2020 - Ready To Up Your Hot Wax Game?
- 02/09/2020 - Harley Wax Will Change The Way You See Strip Wax
- 25/08/2020 - Golden rules for the smoothest waxing results
- 03/08/2020 - 5 Unusual Brazilian Wax Questions Answered
- 07/07/2020 - 5 Eyebrow Shapes And How To Pick The Right One
- 07/07/2020 - An Irritation-Free Waxing Experience Is In Your Hands!
- 07/07/2020 - Harley Waxing: the history of our company
- 14/05/2020 - Meet the Harley Waxing Team! Zoey Horner - Harley Waxing’s Northern Ireland Distributor
- 29/10/2009 - Harley launch Aloe Wax