HRH Prince Andrew Visits Niftylift
29 March 2012
His Royal Highness, The Duke of York visits Milton Keynes based access platform manufacturer NiftyliftOn the 28th March 2012, His Royal Highness, Prince Andrew, The Duke of York visited the headquarters of Niftylift Ltd, the UK’s largest manufacturer and global exporter of innovative mobile elevating work platforms.
The Duke was greeted by company Chairman, Roger Bowden, and Managing Director, John Keely, who explained the growth Niftylift has achieved in international markets over recent years. His Royal Highness was shown Niftylift’s expansion plans in Milton Keynes and he was positive about the contribution the company is making to the UK economy.
His Royal Highness was shown around the company’s lean manufacturing facilities and given an explanation of the assembly process. The Duke was introduced to apprentices undergoing their training at the company and also met ex-apprentices who had trained at the company and progressed into product management roles.
His Royal Highness was pleased to witness the company’s ongoing investment in people.
The Duke was then shown the company’s New Product Development facility where he met undergraduate engineers on placement from leading UK universities and was shown work by local school students on the Engineering Education Scheme. His Royal Highness was shown the computer aided design and advanced simulation techniques used to develop new products, as well as the company’s latest prototype machine in build.
His Royal Highness was given a demonstration of the company’s existing products, including the HR17 Hybrid, a low-weight self-propelled mobile elevating work platform containing several patented technologies.
The one hour visit was a great advert for British manufacturing, and as the UK's Special Representative for International Trade and Investment, The Duke was pleased to see the hard work and quality products produced by Niftylift.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 27/06/2017 - Niftylift Salutes Our Forces - 2017
- 13/06/2017 - Plosiny Rybacek Supplies First Niftylifts to Sico Rent
- 21/12/2016 - A Very Nifty Christmas Tree
- 01/07/2016 - Niftylift Salutes Our Forces
- 12/05/2016 - Niftylift appoints Forklift Oü as its dealer in Estonia
- 05/01/2016 - Narma Group Receives its first Niftylift HR28 Hybrids
- 14/08/2015 - Niftylift Inspires Women in Engineering
- 06/05/2015 - Niftylift is Voted HAE Supplier of the Year 2015
- 10/04/2015 - AH-Lift receives two Niftylift HR28 Hybrids, the first to arrive in Denmark
- 17/02/2015 - Aerial Platforms has taken delivery of its first HR28 Hybrid from Niftylift
- 20/06/2014 - Urban Access Rentals buys Niftylifts
- 25/04/2014 - Double Win for Niftylift at MK Business Achievement Awards
- 10/01/2014 - Niftylift Receives Two Queen’s Awards at its Milton Keynes Factory
- 05/12/2013 - Niftylift’s Team Nifty Mo-Bros 2013 Line-up
- 21/11/2013 - GT Access Receive UK’s First HR28 Hybrid
- 05/11/2013 - Healey Tool Hire Buys its First Hybrid
- 19/08/2013 - Clements Adds the New Nifty HR15 4x4 to its Fleet
- 03/05/2013 - Niftylift Wins Two HAE Awards
- 12/04/2013 - New HR15 4x4 Shortlisted for HAE Award
- 11/03/2013 - Niftylift Shortlisted for HAE ‘Supplier of the Year’
- 11/03/2013 - Niftylift Receives Significant Order for V130Ts
- 21/02/2013 - John King Survives the Yukon Quest 300
- 22/01/2013 - John King takes on the Yukon Quest 300 and Percy 200
- 04/12/2012 - Movember’s Team Nifty 2012 Line-up go Gangnam Style!
- 04/12/2012 - Lindum Plant Orders Nifty HR17 and HR21 Hybrids
- 03/12/2012 - 63 Metres of Niftylift on One Vehicle
- 02/10/2012 - Smiths Equipment Ltd transport two Niftylifts for the price of one
- 07/09/2012 - Clements Plant Places its Largest Ever Order for Niftylifts
- 16/05/2012 - Straight from the Horse’s Mouth – Niftylift’s New Product Launch
- 29/02/2012 - Bella Access Adds to its Growing fleet of Niftylifts
- 23/02/2012 - Platform Hire Receives Another Delivery of Niftylifts
- 08/02/2012 - Plosiny Rybacek Opens New Service Centre in Czech Republic
- 04/01/2012 - Team Nifty Mo Bros Thank You for your Donations
- 05/12/2011 - Niftylift & Denbigh School Celebrate for Sixth Year Running
- 24/11/2011 - Members of Team Nifty Swap Top Lifts for Top Lips
- 19/09/2011 - Light on its Feet, the SD120T Steps up to the Mark
- 13/09/2011 - HR15 4x4 Makes Awkward Installation Possible
- 13/07/2011 - Niftylift at Apex 2011
- 09/03/2011 - Niftylift appoints Belaruslift
- 03/03/2011 - Bella Access starts out with Nifty Fleet
- 09/02/2011 - Nifty appoints modern (singapore) as dealer