Sensonics monitor provides compact, affordable protection for small to medium machines
24 April 2012
A new compact and cost-effective machinery protection monitor capable of monitoring two channels of bearing vibration, shaft vibration or shaft position has been introduced by Sensonics.The DN26 G3 unit is a Din rail mountable module which has been designed specifically for machine monitoring and protection applications such as, fans, pumps, motors, centrifuges, turbines or any small to medium industrial machinery requiring reliable protection.
The high performance DN26 G3 unit offers fully programmable signal conditioning with a range of measurement algorithms and sensor modes including, absolute vibration, relative vibration and shaft position (or thrust bearing wear). In addition the module offers a dedicated speed monitor channel which can also be utilised as a phase reference for harmonic analysis of the vibration signals.
The unit is designed for optimum flexibility as it can be configured as a universal module for all measurements, it is field upgradable, can be programmed for warning and danger alarms and also transducer integrity monitoring. It is available with mains or +24V power supply options, Ethernet communications and can be set-up through the inbuilt webserver or via the front panel.
The sensor interface is programmable to accept IEPE type accelerometers / velomiters, proximity probes (API 670 standard), and active / passive speed probes.
All sensor signals are available via a buffered interface which provides the option of further detailed analysis if required. Three alarm relays are available, one dedicated to indicate module and sensor integrity, the other two relays are fully programmable across the alarm criteria selected. All three input channels measured values are available via a 4-20mA interface.
Each DN26 G3 module features a built-in intuitive colour LCD display and menu drive facility to provide immediate viewing and access to settings and the machine parameters.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 30/07/2014 - New advanced display options for Sentry G3 take machinery protection to a new level
- 10/07/2014 - Seismic safety switch provides high-integrity earthquake protection
- 28/06/2012 - Turbine supervisory success for Sensonics in Asia
- 10/04/2012 - Novel dynamic displacement monitoring technique
- 10/01/2012 - Sensonics continue growth in China
- 23/11/2011 - ATEX approval for Sensonics Shaft Vibration and Thrust Transmitters
- 20/07/2011 - New rear and side view target protection option for Sensonics' Proximity Probes
- 20/04/2011 - High Speed Rail Monitoring points toward more intelligent infrastructure
- 03/02/2011 - Sensonics rises to Cruachan power station upgrade challenge
- 21/01/2011 - Sensonics G3 - online machine monitoring with robustness
- 07/09/2010 - Sensonics' compact Proximity Probe solutions extended for vibration & position
- 06/07/2010 - Reducing risk with effective 'SIL' vibration monitoring
- 11/01/2010 - Sensonics' success in China
- 12/08/2009 - Thrust and rod drop direct to DCS ideal for OEMs
- 08/10/2008 - Romania Continues to Grow Renewable Energy Source