Pioneering Roofline Systems
26 April 2012
A significant development of affordable houses and flats for young autistic adults has been built in Peasedown St. John, Bristol, for the Sarsen Housing Association.The scheme uses an innovative Aluminium roofline system which includes a number of pioneering features, designed to deliver a speedy installation and low long-term maintenance.
The system, which incorporates both parapet wall capping and an integrated fascia solution, was specified by Leadbitter Construction and is uniquely designed and supplied for the project by fabrication specialists Contour Casings. It delivered a sleek and contemporary finish to the development and was selected for its exceptional weather-proofing performance.
Contour’s Aluminium wall capping was identified as the preferred solution for its “secret fix” system, which facilitates a fast and efficient installation, while weather-proofing gaskets prevent the ingress of water and reduce long-term maintenance costs. The product’s robust construction and durability were also key drivers when selecting a capping system. Additional anti-corrosion and anti-rattle features provide enhanced performance, benefiting both the client and the end user.
Square Aluminium fascia, again supplied by Contour Casings from their extensive roofline range, was chosen to compliment the parapet capping and to deliver a professional and modern aesthetic to the housing development. Contour conducted a complimentary site consultation and adopted a client-facing approach to identify the most suitable roofline solution which satisfied all criteria and sat comfortably within the scheme parameters.
Leigh Simpson, Managing Director at Contour Casings, commented; “methods of controlling costs that don’t rely exclusively on “price” are coming in for a renewed focus in the house building sector. Emphasis is now being placed on enhanced durability, reducing labour costs and low maintenance. Organisations investing in development projects tell us that controlling build and maintenance costs is vital in the current economic climate, reducing labour expenditure through innovative fixing systems and investing in high-quality building products that require little long-term maintenance will help increase profitability”.
Leading architects, consultants and contractors embrace and specify roofline solutions such as those offered by Contour Casings when a building product is required to deliver an efficient installation and robust long-term performance.
For further information, or to arrange your complimentary site consultation, call 01952 290 498, email email@example.com or visit www.contourcasings.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/05/2017 - Anti-climb Protection Systems
- 12/05/2017 - New Pipe Boxing Guide from Contour Casings
- 12/05/2017 - New Anti-ligature Radiator Guard Offers Extra Safety Without Compromising Practicality
- 12/05/2017 - New Column Casings For Heathrow
- 10/03/2017 - NEW Column Casings Guide
- 16/01/2017 - Home Office Compliant Anti-Ligature Guards Available To Order On Short Delivery Times
- 01/08/2016 - Contour Delighted To Announce Acquiring The Autron Heating Brand
- 21/07/2016 - Kirkgate Market, Leeds
- 21/07/2016 - Dorothy Pattison Hospital
- 09/06/2016 - Contour provides HVAC casings for prestigious £26M cambridge research facility
- 09/06/2016 - One piece aluminium corner copings
- 09/06/2016 - New IP3X compliant and certified anti-ligature radiator guard grille design
- 09/06/2016 - Covora LST radiator now comes with antimicrobial protection as standard
- 29/10/2015 - Contour unveils new low cost, ‘no fuss’ LST radiator range
- 11/09/2015 - Contour innovation creates more efficient, more compact and easier to clean LST heating solutions
- 06/07/2015 - Pipe covers protect property from major damage
- 06/07/2015 - Anti-climb downpipe covers reduce risk of unauthorised roof access
- 03/07/2015 - Contour help to remember 'The Few'
- 03/07/2015 - Contour Casings takes a lead role in improving UK classroom hygiene
- 03/09/2013 - Pioneering New Column Casing Brochure Unveiled
- 10/06/2013 - BIM
- 10/04/2013 - 96% cleaner radiator guards
- 10/12/2012 - Pioneering Wall Capping
- 07/11/2012 - Pioneering radiator guard solutions for schools
- 10/10/2012 - New Column Casing Solution for Sevenoaks Railway Station, Kent
- 13/08/2012 - Contemporary Roofline Solutions
- 09/07/2012 - Cladding solutions for Yoo
- 12/06/2012 - Transforming the face of retail
- 14/03/2012 - Cost neutral LST radiators
- 21/02/2012 - Ground breaking LST radiator shotlisted for H&V Awards
- 19/12/2011 - A Christmas gift from Contour
- 05/12/2011 - Contour’s synergy with care
- 22/11/2011 - Contour transform art deco cinema
- 07/11/2011 - Contour column casings – the smart choice for Aston Business School
- 19/10/2011 - Column Casings with a Vue
- 05/10/2011 - Contour’s exclusive Watergate Bay development
- 13/09/2011 - Contour column casings specified on new luxury London Airport
- 12/09/2011 - Significant development at Caernarfon Docks World Heritage site.
- 15/08/2011 - Contour columns bowl them over at Emirates Cricket Stadium
- 27/07/2011 - Contours’ Pedigree Installation
- 05/07/2011 - Final 3 days to Save 10% on Floor Ducting
- 23/06/2011 - Contour “capp’s it off” for NHS Trust
- 09/06/2011 - Save 10% on Floor Ducting with new online service
- 31/05/2011 - City of Westminster College
- 25/05/2011 - Hospital Bulletin
- 20/04/2011 - LST Brochure
- 20/04/2011 - Contour Casings Launches Exciting New Wall Copings Brochure
- 20/04/2011 - Innovative New Fascia Products From Contour Casings
- 25/11/2008 - Turning Function into Fashion, an Impulse as Old as Time
- 29/07/2008 - Hospitals Take Hygiene Seriously
- 11/03/2008 - New Technical Brochure From Contour Casings
- 07/03/2007 - Contour Casings effective against C-diff bacteria