Kaba opens doors for Webbs of Wychbold
03 February 2009
Door manufacturer and supplier Kaba Door Systems, has completed a series of access solutions at Webbs of Wychbold, Droitwich, Worcestershire including systems for their new extension.
Kaba “Total Access” strategy and comprehensive resource base provided complete solutions for all entrances and exits throughout the facility.
Working with architect, Roger Hodgson, Kaba installed seven SLX automatic sliding door header drive units, one commercial Rolgard rollershutter, three steel fire escape doors and three Firetex fire resisting roller shutters.
The SLX automatic header units have been used to drive new glazed doors linking the original building to the new extension, improving access across the site. Kaba’s innovative sliding door technology SLX uses Bluetooth technology to enable remote door programming through a BEDiX control unit mounted on the wall.
A Rolgard commercial rollershutter door fitted to the new warehouse area provides access with added security. This is an aesthetically pleasing door, which has a tubular motor drive housed in a small boxed header. It also incorporates key switch operation to enable selected access and has been fully powder coated to match the site colours.
The Firetex Shutters are located in front of the automatic doors between the existing building and the new extension and are designed to provide a continuous fire-break across the site. The shutters are normally open and automatically close on fire alarm activation. Steel hinged fire doors have also been fitted to the new fire exit areas on the site. The doors have an inherently strong construction, are aesthetically pleasing and a cost effective solution for personnel escape routes.
Kaba Door Systems has over 80 years international experience in the design, manufacture and installation of a leading range of commercial and industrial door systems. With regional centres across the UK, Kaba also offers a nationwide entry repair and maintenance service. The company is a member of the Automatic Door Suppliers Association (ADSA) and is NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency (PASA) approved.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/09/2016 - Gilgen Website helps shut the door on Property Attacks
- 16/02/2016 - Gilgen launch SR5-B security shutter to counter terrorist threat
- 12/06/2015 - Gilgen launches Automatic Door Specification Library
- 07/11/2014 - Gilgen Door Systems wins £1.5m Louvre Abu Dhabi Contract
- 31/10/2014 - Gilgen automatic door operator now fire door approved
- 26/09/2014 - Gilgen invest in new service fleet to open more doors
- 11/09/2014 - Chris Windust joins GDUK as Operations Director
- 23/07/2014 - Gilgen entry system with added energy-efficiency
- 22/07/2014 - Gilgen Expands its UK Automatic Door Operation
- 16/06/2014 - Gilgen opens doors to lower service costs at Facilities Show
- 28/04/2010 - Kaba automatic door systems provide sophisticated access to prestigious Oxfordshire school.
- 22/03/2010 - Kaba automatic sliding doors enhance hospital privacy
- 21/10/2009 - Kaba provide automatic sliding fire rated doors for public library
- 05/05/2009 - Kaba provides blast proof, high speed doors for Cornish company
- 30/04/2009 - Kaba HDO – a new heavy duty swing door operator
- 29/04/2009 - RIBA approved CPD seminars from Kaba
- 03/02/2009 - Kaba automatic doors give contact free access to Hotel Leisure Club