Firesafe launch new "RA Series" residential alarm range
02 March 2009
Residential alarms have been installed in properties for many years, of which an unacceptable amount of these are well past their 10-year service life.
The fire brigade each year report increasing numbers of these alarms failing with batteries removed and or not functioning.
Also, many of the older types do not have an interconnect facility proving there is scope for more effective use of smoke and heat alarms.
The Firesafe Ra Series,‘Quick Fix’ range of 230V (complete with battery back-up), inter-connectable, mains powered smoke and heat alarms employ innovative features to assist the installer and user in siting and maintaining them.
A unique sensor head acceptor feature alleviates users from inadvertently reinstalling the heads to the wrong base after battery replacement.
Quick Fix head-to-base feature connects up to 40 units and are available in photoelectric smoke and fixed temperature heat versions to comply with recent changes in the British Standards.
The wiring terminals are clearly marked for the installer and fitted on the backside of the base plate to protect users from the risk of electric shock when removing the heads for battery replacement and cleaning.
For safety reasons, the alarm head cannot be fitted without a battery installed.
Only 122mm in diameter with an alarm signal of 85db, the Ra Series ‘Quick Fix’ range conform to Kitemark approvals BS5446 Part1:2000 and come complete with a 5 year warranty.
Further information can be found on the Firesafe website.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/01/2010 - One of the UKs' biggest selling toilet alarm kits from Caresafe
- 02/11/2009 - Firesafe launch EV Series, complete emergency voice communication system
- 02/11/2009 - Simplifire conventional Fire Alarm system from Firesafe saves up to 40% installation time
- 24/07/2009 - Low voltage electronic transformer from Lightsafe
- 15/07/2009 - Essential equipment protection to reduce false alarms and save lives
- 27/03/2009 - Firesafe launch EN54 fully compliant conventional Fire Alarm Panels
- 17/09/2008 - Firesafe Stops Unauthorised Exits with the Door Stopper
- 09/10/2007 - Protect in style with new Firesafe Eyewear
- 09/05/2007 - Make sure your business is ready for the smoking ban
- 04/05/2007 - New isolator switch for fire alarm system compliance
- 26/02/2007 - New quickfix fire rated downlighter pack saves valuable time