Protective Enclosure made from 40mm Aluminium Profiles
12 June 2018
A toothbrush manufacturer has used mk Profile Systems’ 40 series profile to create a protective device guard for their packaging area.
The toothbrushes were already in their primary packaging, so there were no sanitary requirements but the protective guard is located in a typical cleanroom.
The guard, which was all made from the mk 40 series profile, was made entirely to the bespoke specifications of the customer. The profiles were anodised, the cut edges are blank and closed with sealing caps. The profile slots are closed with sealing strips.
An mk ZRF-P timing belt conveyor was also incorporated into the protective guard. It was crucial to ensure that the enclosure allowed easy access to the interior to allow for maintenance work to be carried out. This was done by incorporating two maintenance doors also out of the 40 series profile, with a locking mechanism for the doors being provided by the customer.
Different panelling made from powder-coated sheets, Makrolon and powder-coated perforated sheets were used, again as per the customer’s requirements.
Finally, the enclosure was mounted on levelling feet, which can easily compensate for uneven floors. The customer has a perfectly tailored solution to their guarding requirements with integrated conveyor technology, all from one single source. mk Profile Systems offers over 250 different profiles across their 25mm, 40mm, 50mm and 60mm ranges. Their extensive conveyor range covers over 20 standard conveyor systems for all all types of goods in nearly all factory environments. The modular nature of the mk system means that all elements of the system work in conjunction with each and can easily be adapted or added to at a later date.
To see the full mk range please visit www.mkprofiles.co.uk or call (01949) 823751.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 22/05/2019 - An overview of mk’s product portfolio for working under cleanroom conditions
- 14/02/2019 - Interlinking for Canister Transport with a Bridge
- 04/12/2018 - Enrichment of the mk Profile System
- 25/05/2018 - Packed, Sealed, Sold, Sent
- 27/11/2017 - Versamove Transfer System Boasts New Compact Curve
- 11/07/2017 - MK Expands its range of Pallet Systems to include an Indexing Chain Conveyor System
- 23/03/2017 - MK Conveyor Quick Designer with Additional Functions
- 24/02/2017 - Height Adjustable Packing Machine
- 25/11/2016 - MK's Accumulating Pallet Recirculation System used by Leading German Appliance Manufacturer
- 14/10/2016 - Cost Efficient Automation with Accumulating Pallet Recirculation System
- 16/09/2016 - 50 Years of Passion for Technology
- 19/07/2016 - mk rounds off its portfolio of modular belt conveyors with the addition of curved sections
- 21/04/2016 - Finding the appropriate transfer system is not an ‘off the shelf’ solution
- 23/03/2016 - Versamove – Pallet Transfer Systems
- 18/03/2016 - National Apprenticeship Week 2016
- 28/09/2015 - Chain Conveyor with Immersion Bath
- 24/06/2015 - mk 50 Series Profile Used to Develop a Lift System
- 03/06/2015 - MK Conveyor Technology helps ensure Baby Strollers are up to the Job!
- 03/06/2015 - MK Profile Systems Enhances its Conveyor Technology Capability
- 15/05/2015 - WTU 2010 Transfer System