Lumen high standard Rooflights - made in Britain
08 June 2009
British manufacturing is synonymous with quality and is highly respected world wide. Supporting British manufacturers in these turbulent times will be essential in keeping ‘home grown’ brands alive and will help bite back at the recession.
Regardless of the higher costs of making products in Britain, Lumen, manufacturers of conservations rooflights ensure high standards are met at all times in order to meet the demands of the most discerning specifier. In a saturated market where many seemingly similar products exists, none seem to offer such a thorough specification as standard incomparison to Lumen.
Working in partnership with Pilkington, Lumen offer an exceptional specification of glazing incorporating Activ™ Neutral, argon gas filled cavity and Optitherm™ S4 on all their rooflights. Pilkington Activ™ Neutral self cleaning glass uses a ‘photocatalytic’ process to react to ultra-violet rays present in natural daylight to break down organic dirt.
The second part of the process happens when rainwater hits the glass. Pilkington Activ™ Neutral is ‘hydrophilic’ which means instead of forming droplets, the water is spread evenly over the surface and as it runs off it takes the dirt off with it. Its unique solar control coating also helps keep internal temperatures cool whilst maintaining excellent neutral light transmittance.
Furthermore, Pilkington Optitherm™ SN, is an ultra low emissivity high thermal insulating coated glass that works by reflecting heat energy back into the building. The transparent coating on the glass transmits heat from the sun and provides high light transmission to create a naturally lit, comfortable environment all year round.
The Lumen rooflight also replicates original Victorian design by featuring casements and a glazing bar for added strength. Designed to sit flush, this low profile rooflight meets conservation requirements as it remains in keeping with listed architecture.
As it is manufactured in the UK, the Lumen can fulfill bespoke applications to meet tight deadlines and design or specification changes can be turned around in as little as 6 weeks. This reliable service coupled with British manufacturing excellence means the Lumen is unbeatable in both its performance and supplier flexibility.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/02/2014 - Lumen Rooflight Proud to be part of Crash Project helping the homeless
- 30/07/2013 - Rooflight specification…its all in the detail
- 30/07/2013 - Get the bigger picture when choosing your rooflights
- 12/04/2013 - Lumen Sets New Standards with The Evo Rooflight
- 06/03/2013 - Lumen brightens a garden room
- 25/02/2013 - Lumen keeps a low profile on Jamie’s Farm
- 05/07/2011 - Light at the end of the tunnel
- 05/07/2011 - Traditional Homes & Interiors - Trade Secrets
- 05/01/2011 - Chose British Made Brackets For Your Rainwater System
- 08/12/2010 - Rainwater Drainage “From the Past, for the Future”
- 23/03/2010 - New Lumen Rooflight Website Launched
- 21/09/2009 - Tuscan helps Wards decide to move or improve
- 17/09/2009 - Tuscan Foundry restores guttering for listed building library
- 10/06/2009 - Architectural opportunities add value to property
- 09/06/2009 - Tuscans' revival of the humble Radiator
- 08/06/2009 - Tuscans' Lumen Rooflights give brighter future to Leathermarket
- 11/03/2009 - Cast iron and copper more sustainable than modern materials
- 27/02/2009 - Lumen Rooflight cleans itself with Pilkington