HAIGH SUPPORTS ACORNS CHILDREN’S HOSPICE WITH NEW SOLO
24 August 2010
Acorns Children’s Hospice in Worcester is one of three Acorns Hospices’ in the region dedicated to improving the lives of children with life limiting and life threatening illnesses.Currently supporting nearly 600 children and 800 families, including those who are bereaved, Acorns recently took receipt of a brand new SOLO disposal unit courtesy of Haigh Engineering. Designed to dispose of used commode pots, bedpans, urine bottles and other pulp items, the SOLO is an ideal solution for Acorns as it has a small footprint and is extremely efficient to use.
Sue Curry, Head Nurse at Acorns for the Three Counties, said: “This was a magnificent example of support from a local company. The SOLO is a generous gift, which will make such a difference to our work, and help our care and vital infection control.”
Acorns Children’s Hospice had previously used a standard washer unit to try and meet their requirements. A vast improvement on the washer unit, the SOLO will deliver a wide range of benefits including cost efficiencies and user efficiencies. In addition to providing the team at Acorns with the new SOLO, Haigh also managed the disposal of the old machine.
Nick Dale, Head of the Haigh Healthcare Division comments “We are committed to providing outstanding solutions to the public and private care sector and we feel it is extremely important to share the benefits of our technology with the most deserving organisations. It has therefore given us great pleasure to donate our SOLO machine to Sue and the rest of the team at Acorns, as we have seen first hand the absolute commitment and dedication that the entire Acorns Hospice teams provide.”
To find out more about the exceptional work carried out by Acorns Children’s Hospice visit www.acorns.org.uk , or to learn more about the SOLO from Haigh visit www.haigh.co.uk or call 01989 760200.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 06/02/2017 - A new benchmark for macerator infection control
- 18/12/2013 - Haigh plays host to HRH The Duke of Kent in celebration of British Manufacturing
- 05/07/2013 - Haigh Strengthen Foothold in Middle East Market
- 01/07/2013 - Haigh strengthens foothold in Middle East market
- 12/07/2012 - Global Pump Group Pty secures exclusive 5 Year contract with Haigh
- 15/06/2012 - Haigh drives environmental performance and efficiency
- 13/06/2012 - Haigh Sluicemaster enables brighter future for Waste Management in UK Hospital
- 10/05/2012 - SOLO 2 year warranty release
- 12/09/2011 - MSA to distribute the Sluicemaster range of Hospital macerators in the Czech Republic
- 12/09/2011 - Haigh products successfully re-accredited for WRAS Approval for the next 5 years.
- 27/07/2011 - Manepa Ireland Distribution
- 07/04/2011 - Putting infection prevention and control at the top of the agenda.
- 09/03/2011 - Proven success for care home with the Haigh Incomaster™.
- 03/03/2011 - Haigh Macerators tested successfully with all leading pulp manufacturers
- 20/01/2011 - Eagle Field Service helps Haigh Engineering's service team soar