Fortseal saves time and money by preserving carriageways
29 May 2014
FortSeal is a quick and effective solution for old and worn carriageways by repairing minor damage and preserving the existing asphalt against further corrosion.
Forming part of the Bituchem Group’s hard landscaping materials, FortSeal increases highways longevity while being economically friendly for councils’ budgets.
The quick and efficient application and short setting time ensure minimal disruption to traffic and residents while also saving on labour costs. The specially formulated hard polymer-modified Bituchem emulsion prevents further deterioration of the carriageway, protecting against the effects of harsh weather and high road usage.
FortSeal is applied from a conventional spray tanker at a low rate of spread to ensure an even and thorough distribution of product onto the road surface. A short break time of approximately an hour, weather dependent, allows the site to be opened to traffic, minimising the disruption to the end user.
The preservation material works to seal the surface to prevent effects of oxidisation and ravelling which helps to stop or slow down further deterioration. FortSeal is extremely durable and can withstand the challenges that moisture, heavy snow and gritting present whilst being able to seal minor cracks in the existing asphalt surface.
By using the FortSeal system, costly and time consuming road surfacing is not necessary, allowing councils to save money ensuring the roads are maintained to a high standard. The resealing of asphalt with the FortSeal emulsion also gives a fresh, blackened look that is identical to newly laid roads, adding to the aesthetic preservation of the highways.
Alongside the innovative highway preservation products, the Bituchem Group manufactures and supplies its Natratex and Colourtex asphalt surface courses to the surfacing contractors throughout the UK. Supplied hot and laid conventionally like any ‘blacktop’, Natratex and Colourtex use a clear binder with coloured or natural aggregate to achieve long lasting, aesthetically pleasing, maintenance free pedestrian and highway surfaces.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/07/2018 - It’s coming home
- 08/06/2018 - Colourful, Decorative Surfaces Create Inspirational Learning Environment
- 31/05/2018 - NatraTex Cotswold
- 17/05/2018 - Private Residence Landscaping Project Looks Exquisite With Help From NatraTex
- 17/05/2018 - Opulent Historical Site Receives the NatraTex Look
- 17/05/2018 - Decorative Surfaces Manufactured by NatraTex
- 17/05/2018 - Durable and versatile pathways from NatraTex designed to elongate a residential recreation area
- 16/01/2018 - New website for Natratex following rebrand
- 12/12/2017 - Natratex gives new Oxfordshire housing estate The Cotswold Look
- 19/04/2017 - Natratex Landscape Surfacing range gets a new look
- 24/02/2017 - Bituchem improves landscape for Coleshill Memorial Park
- 13/01/2017 - Bituchem creates landscape for Pimperne primary school
- 27/10/2016 - Bituchem at two new exhibitions this November
- 20/10/2016 - Bituchem brightens new residential site in Gloucestershire
- 22/09/2016 - Bituchem creates landscape for new Leicestershire school
- 25/08/2016 - Learn about the benefits of hard landscaping with Bituchem
- 11/07/2016 - Bituchem to return to exhibit at Landscape Show 2016
- 29/06/2016 - Schools and universities use bituchem for better landscapes
- 03/06/2016 - Bituchem's heavy duty material used to brighten road in redbridge
- 23/02/2016 - Bituchem's maintenance free material used for major university development
- 15/10/2015 - Bituchem improve delivery services with new addition to fleet
- 04/09/2015 - Natratex Salmon Resin Bonded Surfacing - new from Bituchem
- 05/08/2015 - Liven up landscapes with Bituchem’s colourtex surface
- 19/06/2015 - Bituchem material used for safer playground
- 19/05/2015 - Bituchem now offer Free Presentations on the benefits of Hard Landscaping
- 30/04/2015 - Bituchem Sees First Application Of New Porous Material
- 18/03/2015 - Bituchem Launches New Natratex Porous Hard Landscaping Product
- 07/01/2015 - Waitrose Discovers the Wonders of Bituchem’s Natratex
- 18/11/2014 - Fortseal used to preserve busy country highway
- 07/10/2014 - Lockchip Secures a Longer Lifespan for Surface Dressed Roads
- 23/07/2014 - Leading surfacing products now viewed easily on Smartphones and Tablets
- 25/06/2014 - Colourtex brightens up East London housing estate
- 15/05/2014 - Natratex restores Essex Park's Natural Beauty
- 21/03/2014 - Natratex provides a natural solution to all hard landscaping needs
- 04/02/2014 - Colourtex brightens up road safety and hard landscaping
- 13/08/2009 - City Council chooses Bituchem Natratex for housing development
- 01/04/2009 - Natratex is the natural choice for scenic headland
- 08/12/2008 - Natratex Provide Hardwearing Surface for Bristol College
- 02/01/2008 - Natratex helps restore gardens to former glory
- 18/09/2007 - Natratex complements Palm house at Kew