Claustrophobic Site? AUTOPA can help
12 February 2015
Take full advantage of all the space on site with a little help from AUTOPAIncorporating street furniture and general landscaping into your new design is easy on sites with lots of open space, but what about sites that are a little more compact? This was the issue faced at Clive Court a prestigious apartment building in Maida Vale, London.
The residents of Clive Court, had a problem with cycle parking around the site. As a result, the Property Managers for the area, True Associates Limited, contacted us to see if we could resolve the issues they were facing.
Although installing a cycle shelter would normally not have caused any issues for the experienced staff at AUTOPA. At Clive Court, the size of the site coupled with the lack of access made the installation challenging. The area designated for the cycle storage was very tight and the location of manholes, underground services and access doors complicated the situation further.
Our highly knowledgeable installation team visited the site to get a first hand understanding of the requirements. By visiting the site first hand AUTOPA was able to create the best solution for the customer. The confined nature of the site meant that space was at a real premium so any solution we proposed needed to maximise all the space available.
Thanks to AUTOPA's vast product range, this problem was easily rectified with the VELOPA Type B Cycle Rack. Unlike other cycle stands, the Type B cycle rack is designed specifically for high density cycle parking within a limited space. The single sided rack fits against a wall or a shelter while the alternating high and low cycle holders reduce the space required in betweenthe bikes from 500mm to a mere 305mm. Overall, the perfect solution for a small site. It is also fully compatible with any of our VELOPA cycle shelters.
The Type B cycle racks were perfect for the site and the AUTOPA solution met all the customer's requirements. So, within 3 weeks of the order being placed, Clive Court's made to measure cycle shelter complete with parking for 24 bicycles, was installed.
If you are working on a challenging project, or have a similar issue to those faced at Clive Court, then give AUTOPA a call. AUTOPA has a wealth of experience gained over 60 years of working in the street furniture industry.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 24/01/2017 - Clamping Down on Unauthorised Parking
- 18/01/2017 - Maximise your cycle parking
- 10/01/2017 - Happy New Year!
- 19/12/2016 - The 2016 AUTOPA Review of the Year
- 13/12/2016 - Creating a sense of community with a little help from AUTOPA
- 30/11/2016 - Stylish seating for any site
- 22/11/2016 - All change at NPS Humber
- 15/11/2016 - Let the light shine...
- 07/11/2016 - Lock Out!
- 02/11/2016 - Stack them up!
- 24/10/2016 - Condensation Control In Electrical Enclosures
- 24/10/2016 - The secret to secure parking
- 18/10/2016 - Your Parking Post questions, answered!
- 14/09/2015 - AUTOPA launches the UK’s first ever Illuminated Sheffield Cycle Stand
- 13/04/2015 - Introducing the Brand New Manual Arm Barrier from AUTOPA
- 05/03/2015 - Are you missing out?
- 05/03/2015 - Autopa's case studies have found a new home
- 25/02/2015 - Perimeter Protection from AUTOPA
- 12/02/2015 - Creating a sense of community with a little help from AUTOPA
- 12/02/2015 - Access Control for new Mercedes Showroom
- 12/02/2015 - AUTOPA solve traffic woes at King’s College Hospital, London
- 12/02/2015 - Creative canopy to protect parents from the elements
- 11/02/2015 - Sometimes a simple design is the best design
- 11/02/2015 - See your way into 2015 in style!
- 11/02/2015 - AUTOPA’s re-designed Removable Posts are now available
- 11/02/2015 - Live on LinkedIn!
- 11/02/2015 - Create your own cycle shelters with VELOPA
- 03/09/2013 - AUTOPA Bespoke Street Furniture Solution
- 03/05/2013 - Autopa’s New Online Shop
- 12/06/2012 - New Retractable posts from Autopa
- 23/02/2012 - Autopa’s New Website