Ixthus expands sensor range: VLPSC position sensors have autosensing voltage and current output with simple teach mode for span and zero
13 March 2015
Towcester – UK – February 2015: Ixthus Instrumentation’s new VLPSC series linear position sensors provide precise displacement measurement with teach-mode calibration for zero and span in addition to autosensing 0 -10 VDC or 4..20 mA outputs.With a choice of nine electrical travel ranges from 25 to 290 mm, these robust and competitively priced sensors combine tried and tested conductive plastic element technology and integrated signal conditioning electronics to offer a 12-bit resolution, linearity to 0.1% and high positional repeatability.
Available for displacement referencing as single components or as part of comprehensive test and measurement system solutions from Ixthus, the rod-style VLPSC series combines the benefits of convenient installation via self-aligning spherical bearing mounts and a compact design that keeps overall length to measured length ratio to a minimum. The 15 mm square aluminium housing and improved felt and O-ring shaft seal arrangement provides IP65 protection with IP67 on request. The well proven design features a patented multi-fingered precious metal wiper arrangement that ensures smooth and uninterrupted contact with low electrical noise and high resilience to shock and vibration. The high reliability sensor has a rated service life in excess of 25 million operations, an operating temperature rating of -40 to +90 ºC and 5% - 95% humidity tolerance.
The simple teach function procedure allows referencing the start and end positions for the sensor without the need for a PC connection, using a visual signal from an on-board red/green LED and a single input pushbutton.
The VLPSC provides a sampling rate of 4 kHz and a refresh rate of 1 kHz for fast position update. Supply voltage is 12 to 24 VDC and sensor is delivered with 1 metre leads as standard and with optional 3 metre cabling.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 13/09/2019 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration
- 13/09/2019 - New 2D laser scanner offers application flexibility
- 13/09/2019 - Plant machinery health monitoring made easy
- 13/09/2019 - Ixthus Instrumentation at RAILTEX 2019
- 13/09/2019 - Variohm Group expands with the acquisition of displacement sensor specialist Positek
- 13/09/2019 - New Metrix ST5484E seismic vibration switch available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 13/09/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 19/12/2018 - Ixthus Instrumentation announce Hardy Shaker HI 803 and 813 vibration reference sources on last time buy offer
- 17/12/2018 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration: burster’s 8427 load cell available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 29/04/2016 - RIFTEK’S new IDK Compact wheel diameter measurement gauge is now available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 26/01/2016 - New Burster 8661 series dual-range torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 14/09/2015 - Machinery health monitoring in hazardous areas
- 17/07/2015 - Portable high precision sensor measurement tool for test, calibration and fault finding
- 03/03/2015 - Torque and angle measurement for PTO shafts: NCTE’s new 7500 series torque sensor is available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 02/07/2013 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT™ machinery condition monitoring and protection system are available from Ixthus
- 02/07/2013 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation:
- 02/07/2013 - New high speed laser potion sensor
- 02/07/2013 - Ixthus Instrumentation’s wheel diameter gauge provides fast and accurate rolling circle measurement
- 06/09/2012 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation: over forty Strainsert customised force sensors are deployed on the Mars Rover Curiosity
- 05/09/2012 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT
- 08/03/2012 - New range of signal conditioners from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 16/01/2012 - New Burster 8661 non contact torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 05/07/2011 - Novel torque transducer technology can be integrated in critical power transmission components
- 15/01/2010 - New Website for Ixthus Instrumentation Ltd
- 21/05/2009 - Ixthus appointed UK distributors for Philtec fibre optic displacement sensor range
- 22/08/2007 - New Eddy current non-contact position measurement
- 21/05/2007 - Laser Works With Every Paint Finish!
- 21/05/2007 - Non Contact Position Measurement