Ixthus appointed UK distributors for Philtec fibre optic displacement sensor range
21 May 2009
Ixthus Instrumentation has been appointed as the exclusive UK and Ireland distributor for the complete range of high accuracy fibre optic displacement sensors from USA manufacturer Philtec.
The durable non-contact range provides highly repeatable position measurement at bandwidths up to 350 kHz over distances up to 50 mm and with resolution as low as 2 nanometres. Available with digital or analogue output hardware, Philtec fibre optic displacement sensors measure the intensity of reflected light from target surfaces using fibre optic bundles.
The intrinsically safe technology is impervious to magnetic fields and high voltage environments and is an excellent alternative to capacitive and inductive sensors. Well suited to harsh environments such as cryogenic, high temperature and ultra high vacuum, the compact sensors' dimensions, (with fibre optic tip diameter as small as 0.5 mm), allows measurements inside of mechanisms or submerged in fluids.
Applications for Philtec fibre optic displacement sensors include deflection measurements, dimensional gauging, dynamic vibration analysis, motion control, measurements in vacuum, process control, thickness measurements and surface profiling. Two basic types of sensor are available - Reflectance Dependant (Type D) and Reflectance Compensated (Type RC). D versions determine object displacement along the axis of the sensor as required for vibration monitoring or linear stage position measurement, whilst the RC version measures objects moving perpendicular to the sensor such as cylindrical shaft run-out.
Both D and RC versions can be supplied with a choice of digital and analogue signal output hardware in single and multi-channel formats. Analogue suits high bandwidth, dynamic applications such as servo position feedback with bandwidths up to 1 MHz possible. The digital output hardware features a linear RS232 output with a 5 kHz sampling rate, and with measurement storage possibilities suiting process control and absolute distance measurement. Philtec application control software is also available.
For vacuum applications up to 10-11 Torr, a range of pass-through sealed interfacing flanges are available and Philtec are able to customise standard product to exactly match customers requirements.
The Philtec range perfectly complements Ixthus Instrumentation’s non contact position measurement range offering an improved choice of sensor technologies for existing application areas and extending the capability for solving challenging applications. Ixthus Instrumentation’s other non contact sensor technologies includes inductance, eddy current, capacitance, ultrasonic, optical, lasers, resistance and piezo electric.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 13/09/2019 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration
- 13/09/2019 - New 2D laser scanner offers application flexibility
- 13/09/2019 - Plant machinery health monitoring made easy
- 13/09/2019 - Ixthus Instrumentation at RAILTEX 2019
- 13/09/2019 - Variohm Group expands with the acquisition of displacement sensor specialist Positek
- 13/09/2019 - New Metrix ST5484E seismic vibration switch available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 13/09/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 19/12/2018 - Ixthus Instrumentation announce Hardy Shaker HI 803 and 813 vibration reference sources on last time buy offer
- 17/12/2018 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration: burster’s 8427 load cell available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 29/04/2016 - RIFTEK’S new IDK Compact wheel diameter measurement gauge is now available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 26/01/2016 - New Burster 8661 series dual-range torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 14/09/2015 - Machinery health monitoring in hazardous areas
- 17/07/2015 - Portable high precision sensor measurement tool for test, calibration and fault finding
- 13/03/2015 - Ixthus expands sensor range: VLPSC position sensors have autosensing voltage and current output with simple teach mode for span and zero
- 03/03/2015 - Torque and angle measurement for PTO shafts: NCTE’s new 7500 series torque sensor is available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 02/07/2013 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT™ machinery condition monitoring and protection system are available from Ixthus
- 02/07/2013 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation:
- 02/07/2013 - New high speed laser potion sensor
- 02/07/2013 - Ixthus Instrumentation’s wheel diameter gauge provides fast and accurate rolling circle measurement
- 06/09/2012 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation: over forty Strainsert customised force sensors are deployed on the Mars Rover Curiosity
- 05/09/2012 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT
- 08/03/2012 - New range of signal conditioners from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 16/01/2012 - New Burster 8661 non contact torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 05/07/2011 - Novel torque transducer technology can be integrated in critical power transmission components
- 15/01/2010 - New Website for Ixthus Instrumentation Ltd
- 22/08/2007 - New Eddy current non-contact position measurement
- 21/05/2007 - Laser Works With Every Paint Finish!
- 21/05/2007 - Non Contact Position Measurement