RIFTEK’S new IDK Compact wheel diameter measurement gauge is now available from Ixthus Instrumentation
29 April 2016
RIFTEK, represented exclusively in the UK & Ireland by Ixthus Instrumentation, has expanded its range of specialist laser triangulation wheel measurement gauges for the rail and tram industries with a new model that is designed to address the problem of restricted space for device placement.Aimed at metro, light rail and tram wheel maintenance and inspection, the IDK Compact has a measurement base (distance between ball supports) of only 122 mm and the gauge can measure wheel diameters from 400 to 750 mm.
With the same measurement performance as other RIFTEK’s IDK series wheel diameter gauges, this non contacting gauge provides accurate measurement to provide wheel data with a resolution of 0.01 mm. The measurement takes just a few seconds using a three point measurement principle where the gauge is simply placed on the wheel circumference in multiple positions and accumulated readings are averaged and displayed for rolling circle diameters. Capable of wheel diameter measurement up to 1300 mm, the range includes the IDK-BT version which features a Bluetooth output for connection to a supplied PDA or a PC for wheel-set wear tracking data storage.
Other RIFTEK rail industry measurement systems available from Ixthus include wheel diameter and wheel profile gauges, disk brake profilers and back to back wheel distance measurement gauges. Available as portable instruments for use in almost any ambient conditions without wheel the need for wheel set removal, the range offers digital read-out displays or USB and wireless Bluetooth data transfer for comprehensive data acquisition. A range of dedicated software is included for full database support.
RIFTEK also designs and manufactures optoelectronic 2D and 3D measurement devices and systems for a wide range of applications in industry and research.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 13/09/2019 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration
- 13/09/2019 - New 2D laser scanner offers application flexibility
- 13/09/2019 - Plant machinery health monitoring made easy
- 13/09/2019 - Ixthus Instrumentation at RAILTEX 2019
- 13/09/2019 - Variohm Group expands with the acquisition of displacement sensor specialist Positek
- 13/09/2019 - New Metrix ST5484E seismic vibration switch available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 13/09/2019 - Riftek expands contactless tube ID measurement system range
- 19/12/2018 - Ixthus Instrumentation announce Hardy Shaker HI 803 and 813 vibration reference sources on last time buy offer
- 17/12/2018 - Compact tension and compression load cell suits robot tool integration: burster’s 8427 load cell available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 26/01/2016 - New Burster 8661 series dual-range torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 14/09/2015 - Machinery health monitoring in hazardous areas
- 17/07/2015 - Portable high precision sensor measurement tool for test, calibration and fault finding
- 13/03/2015 - Ixthus expands sensor range: VLPSC position sensors have autosensing voltage and current output with simple teach mode for span and zero
- 03/03/2015 - Torque and angle measurement for PTO shafts: NCTE’s new 7500 series torque sensor is available from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 02/07/2013 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT™ machinery condition monitoring and protection system are available from Ixthus
- 02/07/2013 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation:
- 02/07/2013 - New high speed laser potion sensor
- 02/07/2013 - Ixthus Instrumentation’s wheel diameter gauge provides fast and accurate rolling circle measurement
- 06/09/2012 - Available in the UK from Ixthus Instrumentation: over forty Strainsert customised force sensors are deployed on the Mars Rover Curiosity
- 05/09/2012 - Expanded capabilities of Metrix SETPOINT
- 08/03/2012 - New range of signal conditioners from Ixthus Instrumentation
- 16/01/2012 - New Burster 8661 non contact torque sensor available from Ixthus
- 05/07/2011 - Novel torque transducer technology can be integrated in critical power transmission components
- 15/01/2010 - New Website for Ixthus Instrumentation Ltd
- 21/05/2009 - Ixthus appointed UK distributors for Philtec fibre optic displacement sensor range
- 22/08/2007 - New Eddy current non-contact position measurement
- 21/05/2007 - Laser Works With Every Paint Finish!
- 21/05/2007 - Non Contact Position Measurement